Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Customs Compliance Specialist ensures the business is compliant with Customs and Government agencies.
- Transmitting customs clearance data to HMRC for import shipments via Grovesnor Ricardo System and ensuring delivery of product to specified locations in the UK, and Europe area if required
- Being the focal point for the day to day tasks related to Importing and Exporting products
- Ensuring Imports/Exports meet all UK and EU authorisation & legislative requirements
- Daily interaction (in conjunction with the line manager and peers) with U.K Customs and Government Agencies, Internal Customers, Freight Agents and Carriers
- Working with all internal logistic departments and (overseas) offices to ensure timely clearance of product shipments through U.K Customs
- Manage export licensing applications, decrements and activities for export controlled items.
- Properly classify PAC products for importing/exporting through research and collection of product information from respective PAC groups.
- Work closely with manager to ensure department is operating within the guidelines of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Undertake any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Establish corrective action/recovery plan for sustaining compliance improvement.
- Responsible for running various department reports to assist with metrics, department compliance, productivity and efficiencies.
What we're looking for:
- Recognised qualification in Import / Export Management or relevant college degree and/or certificated evidence of attendance at relevant professional courses
- Substantial Import / Export process experience with work experience in a supply chain environment Warehouse and Distribution
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of import/export laws in order to provide recommendations and research analysis.
- Good understanding of the full JIT supply process.
- Import and export laws as related to U.K. and EU
- Inward Processing Relief Suspension
- Export Licence and ECCN and Export Control
- Freight Forwarding
- CHIEF, CFSP and NES
- Possess excellent communication skills and is able to interact with a diverse multi-level organization and global customer base.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Intermediate working knowledge of computers and the use of software packages (Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Oracle or ERP system experience highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as required with minimum supervision.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.