Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Performs as an on-site support liaison between Panasonic and Airline Customers and OEMs to ensure customer satisfaction and optimum performance of all Panasonic equipment. Provides service, technical guidance, support, and training to airline customers to ensure product performance and reliability objectives are met. Represent Panasonic CSFE interests in the resolution of technical issues with other Panasonic and customer engineering departments. CSFE also represents the customer’s voice within Panasonic Avionics Corporation and fosters relationships within the customer airline and Panasonic Avionics Corporation itself. The CSFE serves as subject matter experts.
- Provide technical guidance and field assistance to Panasonic personnel and airline customers in troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, network, and software issues. Provides accurate, detailed, and timely responses to problems and queries.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and support for new equipment installations, enhancements or modifications for hardware, wiring, and software integration and issue resolution. Work closely with engineering departments to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved.
- Review mechanical, electrical, and software installation documentation to verify that all specifications are met.
- Work with the training department to conduct operational, line, and maintenance training for airline customers.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems that interface with Panasonic equipment.
- Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance, or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan as required with other departments. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide field inputs to other Panasonic departments, (i.e. Product Support Engineering, Field Engineering Offices, Repair Center, Training, and Program Management) concerning technical product issues, installation or documentation-related problems. Collect data required by Support Engineering to evaluate problem areas within the system software.
- Provide a consistent communication path to engineering for problem resolution. Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Assists in aircraft delivery and support during flight tests and customer flight acceptance.
- Respond to all airline queries related to the operation & maintenance (non-PTS customers) of Panasonic systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Panasonic products and installations, including system software and associated equipment. Remain current as new products and enhancements are released. Continually obtain new data, and specifications, and interface often with the groups developing new products and software.
- Provide regular, accurate, and detailed technical reports to Field Engineering management and/or appropriate departments on all activities, observed field problems, and customer issues. Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication and often participates in continuing problem investigations.
- Work closely with airline customer technical departments by providing timely and accurate data, reports, and feedback.
- Monitors and coordinates engineering solutions and implementation of fixes/solutions.
What we're looking for:
- Associate's Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering, or related degree; or 2-3 years engineering experience in Information Technology, electronics/avionics systems, software, or broadcast technology may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Typically requires 0-1 year of related experience.
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers and supervision; capable of establishing work priorities.
- Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
- Ability to understand and use wiring schematics, diagrams, and other engineering/aircraft documentation.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix commands, file system structure, and overall familiarity with the various processes.
- Able to operate standard electronic test equipment and tooling.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- MySQL database experience is a plus.
- Proficient in the utilization of MS office suite and Oracle.
- Understand aircraft systems that interface with PAC equipment.
- Familiarity with FAA, CAA and ATA requirements for avionics equipment is a plus.
- Ability to manage individual assignments and participate in team planning activities.
- Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from Panasonic, Airline customers, and other vendors on a technical level.
- Ability to present Panasonic interests to non-technical people in meetings and various reports.
- Capable of identifying engineering problems in software and hardware and reporting to Field Engineering management, (i.e. problems can be fundamental design issues with the software, power, and electronic components or they can be aircraft environment-related).
- Demonstrated engineering-level product knowledge of avionics and related software areas.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Willing to work weekends and beyond normal business hours as required.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international, often on short notice.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending, or twisting for extended periods.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.