Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
This role will write and configure customer requirements for platforms, and products in collaboration with Service and Engineering teams. Utilize our platforms, and product expertise combined with our understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations to deliver solutions that allow airlines to grow their businesses and overcome challenges. Work as a technical partner that interfaces with the entire organization from Sales, Engineering to Program Management to architect solutions to help airlines maximize their In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity Systems.
- Technical Sales:
- Provide pre-sales technical support for pre-qualified opportunities for Panasonic product offerings.
- Work closely with customers to build trust and understand their business needs to architect customer solutions.
- Support sales meetings to present technical solutions that are compatible with customer system platforms with the airline’ business model in mind.
- Gather technical information regarding a customer’s operation and business model.
- System and Product Solutions:
- Design and create complex, integrated product solutions to meet customer’s requirements.
- Lead customer requirement review and technical meetings with customers and OEM.
- Keep up to date with all technical specifications for hardware and software requirements for system platforms and products.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure requirements and development are in sync with the customer’s goals.
- Work with Customer Solutions Architects to innovate and design new system solutions and products that will set the trend in the IFEC industry. Understand new customer demands and trends, and be able to adapt and create new product, system, software, and hardware solutions.
- Provide regular technical training to the department on technologies and products/solutions.
- Educate and mentor customer solutions members to help boost technical knowledge. Provide regular technical training to the department on technologies and products.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in customer facing technology roles.
- 3 plus years of experience in solutions architect engineering or technical sales engineering.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional ability to listen, assess and document information from customer.
- Experience in presenting technical presentation and architect technical solutions to customers.
- Exceptional communication skills (translating and explaining highly complex technical information) across all internal and external organizations.
- Familiar with interaction design, use of interactive technologies, and best practices.
- Experience with APIs, SDKs and/or mobile development.
- Knowledge in Cloud platforms, Infrastructure, Storage, Security and Compliance is a plus.
- Prefer hands-On experience on the following technologies:
- Virtual Machine
- Web and App software development (JS, IOS, Android)
- Databases, Analytics
- 10-15% travel required
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.