Customer Solutions Architect I
The Panasonic Customer Solutions team is all about focusing on the customer. We are the technical face of Panasonic to our customers. We utilize our platforms, and product expertise combined with our understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations to deliver solutions that allow airlines to grow their businesses and overcome challenges. We will work as a technical partner that interfaces with the entire organization from Sales, Engineering to Program Management to architect solutions to help airlines maximize their In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity Systems. We are passionate in working with the airlines to provide the best passenger experience.
You will work as a technical partner that interfaces with the entire organization from Sales, Products/Services, Engineering and Program Management to architect solutions and outcomes to help airlines with their In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity Systems strategically utilizing our platforms and products expertise, combined with our understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations to deliver solutions that focuses on their business outcomes, which then allows airlines to grow their businesses and overcome challenges. Subject matter expert for all technologies at Panasonic Avionics. Design and engineer new solutions starting from conceptual stage to customer delivery stage for Panasonic Inflight Entertainment and Communication systems. The solutions architect is expected to provide leadership and show a wide range of expertise across all disciplines of engineering with a focus on System Platform, Products & Services, and User Experiences.
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management teams to understand the regional sales strategy and provide technical solutions that will help achieve the sales goal.
- Design and create complex, integrated product solutions with Account Management teams that meets the customer’s requirements for proposals/RFPs
- Technical owner for compliance matrices, produce comprehensive technical analysis documents for proposed solution(s), and hardware/system parts lists.
- Use existing customer system configurations, use cases, crew and maintenance operations to propose relevant upgrades in new solutions proposals.
- Innovate and design new system solutions and products that will set the trend in the IFEC industry. Understand new customer demands and trends, and be able to adapt and create new product, system, software, and hardware solutions.
- Create system block and architecture diagrams to facilitate discussion and review with engineering teams for new systems.
- Translate airline design requirements and concepts into user flows, and mockups to engineering teams to create intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborate closely Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmaps and system features based on customer requirements and align Panasonic Avioinics’ business objectives.
- Leverage Agile practices to capture requirements to create solutions for system platform, software products, and interactive user interface.
- Provide subject matter expertise in specific products or technologies. Function as the organizational ambassador for internal and external teams.
- Collaborate with Account Management teams to identify business opportunities and provide technical solutions to customers during the RFP stages.
- Support sales meetings to present technical solutions that compatible with customer system platforms with the airline’ business model in mind.
- Attend customer meetings in-person and over teleconference to consult as well as gather customer use cases for new and undeveloped product/system features.
- Collect customer requirements, provide technical guidance, product integration strategies, and best practices to apply to Panasonic technologies, system platforms, and products.
- Create collateral and deliver presentations that are appropriate to the customer audience.
- Work hands-on with customer to demonstrate Panasonic technologies and products.
- Responsible for providing developing content and technical training to internal teams and customers.
- Travel to trade shows, conferences, and customer sites for workshops.
- Provide technical, guidance, and best practices to other members of the customer solutions department.
- Train and mentor team members on new products, concepts, requirements, and other customer related information.
- Show a strong sense of responsibility and passion for the presented solutions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical requirements, design concepts, ideas, and solutions to engineering teams.
- Expected to have strong customer facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts, and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working in the Agile environment as a business and technical product owner.
- Experience in working with brand and/or design guidelines for UI development.
- Familiar with interaction design, use of interactive technologies, and best practices.
- Familiar with AWS cloud computing, experience with development in Cloud, ability to explain cloud infrastructure, services, and applications preferred.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a fast, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 8-12 years of related experience.
- Require 10-15% travel.
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.