Creates and implements strategies to meet Customer requirements globally through; a regular cadence of meetings, the creation and management of zero defect roadmaps, and the leveraged support of the global Panasonic team. Ensures best in class Customer Support and product performance through continuous improvement as measured by the Customer.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Establishes actions and strategies to provide immediate effective containment of problems or issues related to quality or management systems to meet Customer requirements globally.
- Provides Root Cause Analysis in the format and time requirements of the Customer expectations; utilizes various teams, such as RCA, engineering, manufacturing facilities and the suppliers to identify effective containment and preventative actions.
- Establishes goal, objectives, and budgets for area of responsibility by identifying necessary resources to implement business and quality objectives and adhering to them.
- Develops, reviews, utilizes, and analyzes statistical data, reports, and other data to identify and resolve problems or address issues related to quality or management system. Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Creates, implements, enforces, maintains, policies, procedures, and related documents to comply with customer and quality system requirements, including but not limited to directing internal audits, management, quality, resources reviews, quality plans, corrective and preventative countermeasures.
- Manages projects related to quality improvement and supplier relations utilizing customer required formats including the update of PPAP and APQP documents.
- Ensures back up plans are in place for Customer coverage
- Provides direction and guidance for staff that may include levels to Manager.
- Responsible for the training and development of staff, including performance reviews of subordinates and maintains and improves employee morale.
- Assists in leading necessary change to quality documents and procedures.
- Assists in leading deployment of new processes within Panasonic and ASI globally.
- Four-year college degree in business, management, operations, engineering, technology or quality related field required.
- Seven (7) years previous experience in the "applicable" field
- Three (3) years successful experience at a manager level.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred – Brown/green belt required
- Knowledge of OEM Customer quality systems preferred.
- Prior experience running Customer quality for a Tier1 to OEM is required.
- Must have good understanding of quality approaches.
- Experience in the automotive electronics industry required.
- Proven Leadership ability/experience.
- Bi-lingual English-Japanese and written communication skills preferred.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.