If you are passionate about contributing to a sustainable future and being part of a dynamic team shaping the electric vehicle revolution, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join us as full-time, on-site team members at our new, state-of-the-art factory located in the thriving city of DeSoto, Kansas.
- Customer Interaction: Serve as the primary point of contact for quality-related matters with customers. Engage proactively to understand their needs, provide solutions, and build strong relationships.
- Quality Issue Resolution: Investigate and analyze quality issues reported by customers. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Quality Improvement Initiatives: Collaborate with internal teams to drive continuous improvement in product quality. Use customer feedback to guide process enhancements and prevent recurrence of issues.
- Quality Data Analysis: Analyze quality data, including customer complaints, returns, and other feedback, to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of customer communications, quality investigations, and improvement initiatives. Prepare regular reports to share insights and progress with senior management.
- Collaboration with Cross-Functional Teams: Work closely with engineering, manufacturing, and other relevant departments to ensure that customer feedback is integrated into quality improvement efforts.
- Customer Audits and Visits: Prepare for and participate in customer audits or visits related to quality matters. Ensure that all required documentation and information are readily available.
- Quality Training: Provide training and guidance to internal teams on customer-specific quality requirements and expectations.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality Management, or a related field.
- A combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Quality Experience: Demonstrated experience in quality management, quality engineering, or a related field, typically around 8+ years.
- Customer-Focused: Proven experience in managing customer relationships and addressing customer concerns effectively.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills with the ability to investigate and resolve complex quality issues.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with customers and internal teams.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve quality objectives.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Customer Quality Experience: Prior experience in a customer-facing quality role, particularly within the electric vehicle (EV) industry, is highly advantageous.
- Electric Vehicle Applications: Proficiency in quality management within the context of electric vehicle applications. Understanding EV-specific requirements and challenges is a significant asset.
- Root Cause Analysis: Proficiency in conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions within the electric vehicle domain.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: A strong passion for driving continuous improvement and enhancing product quality, especially in the dynamic and evolving electric vehicle sector.
- Technical Knowledge: Familiarity with quality tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, or other quality improvement frameworks, tailored to electric vehicle applications.
- Effective Documentation: Ability to maintain organized records and prepare clear and concise reports specific to electric vehicle quality considerations.
- Presentation Skills: Proficiency in creating and delivering presentations to effectively communicate quality-related insights within the electric vehicle context.
- Certifications related to quality management, customer satisfaction, and electric vehicle applications are beneficial in demonstrating specialized expertise.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.