Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Primary customer account focal point responsible for the receipt, review, validation and processing of customer purchase orders. Coordinates order fulfillment activities to achieve on-time delivery and realize company sales plan as well as ensure inventory levels are within company standards. Communicates with customers and internal organizations, in person, telephone, email, and fax to ensure all requirements of programs or individual parts orders are successfully delivered according to customer commitments and expectations.
- Receive, review and process customer purchase orders via manual entry into PAC ERP system, EDI transmissions, and/or customer-owned systems/ supplier portals.
- Process and handle AOG (Aircraft On Ground) customer purchase orders and track to delivery.
- Communicate and distribute reports and trend analysis for order and delivery status to internal/external customers as required.
- Maintain all relative order transaction data in PAC’s system of record per SOX and internal compliance requirements.
- Analyze and resolve customer account discrepancies working with customers and accounting.
- Coordinate product deliveries with Customs group and third-party suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders per PAC commitment dates.
- Ensure that all FAA/Conformity requirements are adhered to, pursuant to customer and PAC Quality requirements.
- Actively monitor and analyze supply/ demand schedules to ensure company sales commitments are supported, as well as maintain a sustained scheduling accuracy of 95% or greater.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all backorder and backlog orders to closure to ensure order fulfillment within OTD established tolerances.
- Facilitate flow of orders and product expedites through PAC’s Supply Chain, in order to meet customer and field requirements.
- Coordinate replacement, exchanges, and reverse logistics of defective or lost products out in the field.
- Responsible for demand planning activities including Oracle report output and communication with groups regarding product quantity to ship. Communicates material requirements to PAC Planning and Distribution Center groups to ensure a sustaining inventory level in order to support internal/external customer deliveries.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts between the stakeholders (PMO, Sales Forecasting, Inventory Management) with respect to the Master Planning/Scheduling process to meet internal/external deadlines.
- Communicate, manage and prioritize significant shifts in demand to the Supply Chain to meet delivery commitments
- Continuously audit and maintain Customer Profile, Freight Directives and ensure Commercial Terms called out on open orders are 100% accurate, to avoid impacts on deliveries and collections.
- Ensure that incoming customer purchase orders for hardware/software deliverables encapsulate all required Terms and Conditions for order processing.
- Manage “Holds Clearing” of customer purchase orders to ensure there is no impact to hw/sw deliverables and on-time delivery trends.
- Communicate hardware/software delivery schedules to PAC DC’s (Distribution Centers) according to delivery schedules and customer freight directives.
- Track and issue customer incentives, credits and, concessions as required by contract.
- Apply customer specific price lists to orders in conjunction with Finance and Marketing groups during the demand scheduling process to ensure customer billing accuracy.
- Provide Finance support with AR collections by taking the applicable actions to ensure the customer’s account status is at acceptable levels and meets contract requirements.
- Troubleshoot/follow-up on product rejections by customer, product conformity problems, incorrect shipments, Proof-of-Delivery, and QA documentation and take appropriate action to clear in order to mitigate collection road blocks.
- DEPARTMENT/MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting to Management team; Holds Clearing, Scheduling Management, Past Due Lines, etc.
- Weekly account(s) status reporting to Management and Program Management Organization
- Attend and facilitate Supply Chain meetings as required and report out health of program, statuses, and/or issues. Establish corrective action/recovery plan for compromised accounts
What we’re looking for:
- Good understanding of the full Just-In-Time (JIT) supply chain process.
- Possess excellent communication skills and is able to interact with a diverse multi-level organization and global customer base.
- Outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Intermediate working knowledge of computers and the use of software packages (Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Oracle or ERP system experience highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as required with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical and contractual language.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and represent PAC in a professional manner.
- Ability to mentor other employees and a demonstrated desire to accept new projects and challenges in support of company goals.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in a customer service and supply chain environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in aircraft or electronics industry highly desired.
- In-flight entertainment experience highly desired
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability for up to 5% travel domestic and internationally required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time working at PC using repetitive motion in the operation of a mouse and keyboard.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.