Panasonic – Crisis Communication Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
As part of the Panasonic North America Brand and Communications team, the Communications Manager will support and execute on media relations and corporate communications, with a focus on issues and crisis management, advancing Panasonics goals as a leading purpose-driven technology company while enhancing and protecting brand reputation.
The Crisis Communications Manager will be responsible for advising on crisis preparedness, proactive and reactive communications, understanding reputational risks and vulnerabilities, and acting as a strategic advisor to senior leadership on media strategy.
The candidate should have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and be an enthusiastic team player who can work collaboratively and cross-functionally with partners across diverse business units, communications, marketing, legal, government affairs and beyond.
The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to develop response strategies, proactive and reactive media statements, press releases, talking points, FAQs, memos, and more.
- Play key role in advising on crisis preparedness and developing proactive and reactive media strategy and plan
- Develop communications materials and guidance for issues and crises
- Serve as media liaison, engaging regularly with media
- Advise and prepare senior leaders and spokespeople for media interviews
- Support key corporate and brand communications initiatives and manage ongoing communications projects and assignments, as needed
- Determine measurement and effectiveness for communications response strategies
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 plus years of professional experience
- Experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications and issues and crisis management
- Experience working directly with media and journalists
- Ability to respond to time sensitive requests
- Creative, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to digest and translate complex materials
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with senior leaders
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Innovative, independent and driven self-starter
- Familiarity with monitoring, measurement and reporting tools and resources
- Strong relationships with key media
- Works independently yet collaboratively; able to navigate fast-paced matrixed organization
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $100,000 - $125,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!