Panasonic – Credit Analyst ll - Rolling Meadows, IL
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The Credit Analyst II will be responsible for financial and credit risk assessment for both new and existing customers to completely evaluate a customer's credit worthiness and credit line. Assigned to sensitive accounts, responsible for complex credit problems for the purposes of avoiding / reducing financial losses. Responsible for maintaining detailed reporting, investigation and analysis on credit items and customer master. Supports account reconciliation and admin. efforts with adherence to corporate credit policy.
Risk Analysis and Investigation:
- Perform financial statement analysis on information provided by new accounts and existing customers to aid in decision
- Analyze credit information which includes complete financial analysis with comments and recommendations. May be required to contact the customer directly for financial information, bank references, trades and D&B reports for information supporting credit line decisions.
- Review new accounts applications and determine / recommend credit lines, review sales requirements for new/existing accounts.
- Monitor existing accounts based on credit risk categories rank and expiration date of credit line, and file maintenance.
- Keep abreast of industry trends as to how they relate to your account base.
Procedures and Reporting:
- Provide Customer Master Support. Ensure proper steps are completed with new account set up and revisions as it relates to customer master.
- Request, secure and maintain Tax Exempt Certificates and related database/files. Participate in tax audits as required.
- Reduce the amount of duplicated accounts wherever possible.
- Review customer master’s linking issues and terms inconsistency.
- Supports account reconciliation and administration efforts. May work with collections agencies and PNA Legal
- May prepare monthly / weekly / daily reports relating Customer Credit Lines, Over Credit Line, A/R Reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley Samples Gathering and other.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed in order to accomplish objectives
Risk Control and Planning:
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence to corporate policies and credit approval matrix with full compliance to PNA policies, internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Ensure protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience.
- Use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
- Put forth suggestions and recommendations pertaining to process improvements towards, departmental policies and procedures.
Communications / Customer Service:
- Participate with Cross Training within your Department and Financial Services Organization (FSO)
- Schedule meetings and conference calls with other departments, customers, etc. with the goal of resolving issues.
- Maintain professional posture with all contacts; internal and external.
- Reflect a positive attitude / demeanor.
- Take a professional interest in helping the FSO team achieve operational excellence.
- Be communicative and responsive and work together to improve service.
- Participate in all facets of training and development including job rotation, an essential part of FSO development plan.
- Team Player: Assist in other areas within the department as needed; contribute and promote team effort.
- Add value to the organization, self, internal/external customers, and management
- Ability to persuade others.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years of credit experience or similar/relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- SAP or Oracle knowledge and training experience are highly preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities in order to conduct research and to lead account recovery operations.
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and persuade.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in order to communicate well with all levels in the credit department and internal/external customers and management
- Ability to make independent credit decisions following guidelines.
- May make periodic visits to accounts for account reconciliation purposes. Involvement in monthly conference calls to review key issues.
- Contribute and promote team effort.
- Excellent oral/written/communications and negotiation skills are required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.