Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Build, design, and test next generation tools and solutions to automate troubleshooting and enhance monitoring and visibility of the systems within our Customer Performance Center (CPC) for internal and external customers including cross training initiatives.
The Customer Performance Center (CPC) facilitates and enables industry leading service and support, with a focus on customer performance expectations to continuously monitor and maintain Panasonic Ground and SAT Network Connectivity, Wi-Fi, Panasonic Mobile and Live Television, along with connected applications installed on aircraft around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Improve Process & Tools for Operational Support of Panasonic’s networks and services.
- Develop run-books for the operational team to reduce MTTR (Mean time to Resolve).
- Improve on operational technical capabilities.
- Improve on uptime and availability of connectivity service to meet target availability.
- Focus on reduction in Outages Sev 1, Sev 2, Sev 3 30
- Monitoring and Control: (M&C)
- Enhance PAX Connectivity monitoring visibility plan across our services that we support.
- Ensure M&C is included in every new initiative for the engineering team (e.g. LEO, ONEWEB, etc.).
- Monitor real time alerts across ground network, satellite and applications in order to streamline and resolve.
- Create Operational Measurements and Reporting: Define KPI’s and align on reporting for customers.
- Analyze and understand data sources used and make suggestions on how to improve monitoring processes.
- Provide requirements / feedback to product owners to improve tools and processes that our teams use as well as pain points that we see from our customers.
- Collaborate with various internal Customer Performance Center teams to get a comprehensive understanding of existing processes and tools, and subsequently formulate suggestions ranging from conceptual ideas to proof of concepts, ultimately leading to the implementation of these recommendations in a production environment.
- Incident Review and Improvement
- Measured by the ability to respond to high severity issues within 1 hour : Sev 1 , 4 hours : Sev 2 and 1 day : Sev 3
- Create and review emails, wiki pages, work instructions, and workflow documentation in order to improve processes.
- Maintain Panasonic Avionics internal reference pages (Confluence and/or other) for top issues and initiatives being worked by the Fleet Management team, which pertain to per-customer and/or per-region connectivity services.
- Present findings and learnings via lunch and learn sessions.
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Drive outstanding resolutions with support teams; Panasonic Technical Services, Engineering, Product & BU.
- Drive feedback in quality back into engineering taking into consideration regional and/or customer-specific factors, configurations, sub-fleets, differences in hardware/software/content. Known defects, Flight route patterns etc.
The hourly range of $29.81 - $50 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science.
- 2+ years’ experience in Python and SQL programming.
- 1+ years’ experience in AWS ecosystem.
- 2+ years’ experience with network monitoring systems.
- Ability to identify bottleneck/inefficiencies and create resolutions and improve processes.
- Proficient to advanced level of experience in Python and SQL.
- Basic practical experience with AWS services such as Lambda, Cloud Watch, and Quicksights.
- Prior experience with Service Now CSM preferred.
- Practical understanding of Solarwinds or network management system usage.Problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities, exhibits a capacity for rapid learning, and possesses a technical background.
- Must be able to interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams, component maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, and other technical/engineering documents.
- Position requires a pragmatic, rather than a theoretical, approach, as well as an eagerness to learn rapidly and Excellent problem-solving skills to identify problems with production systems, create proof-of-concepts, and swiftly refine and enhance solutions, one must be inventive and hands-on.
- Understanding of networking.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.