Panasonic – Counsel - Transactions
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position will assist business units and internal corporate departments within PIDSA (Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America) by drafting and negotiating complex transactional agreements and facilitating the provision of other legal services to such Clients.
- Prepare and negotiate complex agreements
- Advise, counsel and influence business clients to foster compliance, minimize risk and facilitate business growth
- Develop strong working relationships with business clients and shared services members and obtain an in-depth knowledge of PIDSA products, services, operations and objectives
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Law degree (JD) from accredited law school required. Admission to a state bar (In house admission to applicable state bar required)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm and in-house
- Extensive experience drafting, preparing, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements, particularly purchase, sales, supply, reseller, distributor, services, design and development, license, procurement, indemnification, vendor-managed inventory, warehouse and confidentiality agreements
- Experience supporting sales activities
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Problem solving, innovation, collaboration and strong business acumen
- Able to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and anticipating issues
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail
- Impeccable ethics and a high level of integrity
- Proficiency in advising on legal matters relating to electronic devices and batteries, internet of things solutions, software and intellectual property licensing
- Experience with contract management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to draft agreements and correspondence in clear, precise language
- Ability to adapt communication on complex issues for different audiences
- Work with customers and management
- Collaborate with overseas affiliates, particularly in the drafting and negotiating of certain agreements
- Occasional travel may be required, up to 15%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.