Panasonic – Counsel - Commercial and Technology Transactions
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Counsel - Commercial and Technology Transactions position will assist business units and internal corporate departments (“Clients”) in drafting and negotiating transactional agreements, including new technology development and license agreements, and facilitating the provision of other legal services to such Clients.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Advise, counsel and influence business clients to foster compliance, minimize risk and facilitate business growth.
- Spot legal issues and provide guidance relating to product compliance, proof-of-concept pilot programs, and commercialization of new technology combining software, cloud services, and hardware.
- Review press releases and marketing materials for compliance with laws and regulations relating to advertising, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
What You’ll Bring:
Required Education & Experience:
- Law degree (JD) from an accredited law school required. Admission to a state bar (In house admission to applicable state bar required).
- Minimum 4 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and negotiating procurement agreements and customer-facing agreements, including but not limited to purchase, sales, hardware component supply, reseller, procurement, indemnification, vendor-managed inventory, warehouse, and confidentiality agreements.
- Experience drafting SaaS/cloud services, joint development, proof-of-concept, technology license, and software license agreements.
- Experience advising marketing teams on advertising law.
- In-house counsel experience.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Able to independently manage a diverse workload while maintaining priorities and anticipating issues.
- Impeccable ethics and a high level of integrity.
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international intellectual property laws, software (open source and proprietary code), connected electronic devices (IoT), cloud services, and manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of international supply chain landscape and challenges.
- Able to build consensus among internal stakeholders, such as project managers, finance, tax, and IT teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to draft agreements and correspondence in clear, precise language.
- Ability to adapt communication on legal issues for different audiences.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.