The Cost Accountant is responsible for product costing, product manufacturing analysis, analysis of equipment utilization, and inventory valuation. Additionally, the Accountant supports monthly financial close, cycle counts and inventory and ensures accurate financial postings occur.
- Supports monthly financial close, cycle counts, and inventory
- Review and processing vendor invoices for payments of manufacturing raw materials, including research, correspondence, and follow-up of discrepancies
- Monthly reconciliations of vendor statements vs. PENA raw material payables
- Assists with monthly inventory research and accounting of variances (PPV, Inventory, etc.)
- Monthly raw material standard vs. actual reconciliation and corresponding variance explanations
- Various general ledger account reconciliations – ensuring accurate financial postings
- Maintains, reviews, and communicates cost center expenses, ensuring proper documentation and system entries
- Ability to identify issues and work within the finance team and other teams to resolve the issues
- Basic understanding of how supply chain flow and manufacturing processes interact with the general ledger
- Basic understanding of development and analysis of standard costs
- Works closely and collaboratively across multi-department teams
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and members of other departments
- Ability to use reasoning to solve problems that may arise
- Manages spreadsheets and documentation for entry into the SAP system
- Enter journal entries for closing at the end of each month
- Follows procedures put in place by the finance team to compile data into worksheets and databases
- Utilize established resources to complete work efficiently and effectively
- Timeliness and accuracy of work is important
- Supports Cost Accounting efforts for maintaining JSOX Internal Controls
- Assists with maintenance of accounting policies and procedures as they are developed.
- Assist auditors with any inquiries and samples
- Other various administrative support as needed
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 0-2+ years of experience in cost accounting
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, and Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle or another fully integrated ERP system is a benefit
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Strong time management skills
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with a strong analytical and problem-solving skill set
- Ability to respond in a timely and courteous manner to suppliers and PENA team members
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access,
- Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.