This position is responsible for supporting our production areas in all facets of the business by identifying and tracking efficiency improvements in the plant as well as assisting with inventory control objectives. As a member of the Cost Accounting Team, we also ensure Japanese Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and work with annual budgets, forecasting and month-end closing.
- Create and/or maintain the required controls to accurately reflect the perpetual inventory position of the Bridgeton Facility.
- Manage payroll accruals and labor related liability accounts.
- Assist with formulating standard labor and overhead costs.
Reconcile variances to standard including material usage, purchase price and labor.
- As key liaison to productivity organizations, validate and track productivity projects related to the facility.
- Participate in general accounting responsibilities as they relate to the total plant.
- Work closely with Plant Management to properly forecast and execute production builds, labor spend and overtime.
- Gain an understanding of the cost and productivity drivers of factory operations and learn the key financial metrics and methods of analysis.
- Proactively identify and capture improvements in financial, management, and manufacturing operations.
- Cross train within the cost accounting group and with other groups within the total organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in costing and general ledger required
- Extensive knowledge of Excel desired; Oracle, Hyperion and Access knowledge a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented, and highly motivated
- Solid analytic, strategic and project management skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed