Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to enrich our lives and make life better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
· Panasonic Retirement Pension Plan (RPP/DCPP)
· Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
· Generous Parental Leave Top Up
· Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Purchase Program
· Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
· Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. Supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Assists and supports the general counsel in all aspects of corporate governance and recordkeeping of the organization. Provides and supports corporate legal work and related administrative requirements including corporate authorization documents, corporate recordkeeping, corporate housekeeping, drafting, reviewing corporate documents, forms, licenses and permits. Gathers, organizes, and updates corporate information, and maintains compliance with applicable corporate laws in an orderly and timely manner.
· Drafts, proofreads, and prepares legal documents and ensures appropriate chain of approval. Assists in obtaining provincial and local businesses licenses and permits.
· Prepares, coordinates, and distributes notices, agendas, minutes, supporting materials and related documents. Prepares secretarial and officer certificates, certificates of incorporation, certificates of formation, applications for license, and related documentation.
· Assists with contract lifecycle management requirements and software including vendor due diligence, tracking the term of agreements, maintaining initial and annual insurance requirements, and approvals to enter into agreements.
· Conducts research as requested by the general counsel regarding compliance and governance that supports an activity or provides material that explain or analyze the relevant laws and policies.
· Communicates the results of the fact gathering and analysis of the issue to the general counsel, along with the policy arguments found in the research to facilitate decision-making.
· Manages litigation requirements, reviews and recommends insurance requirements, and assesses risk. Manages non-disclosure and other areas as required.
· Attends meetings, schedules appointments, communicates with interested parties, and files legal documents as required.
· Interfaces, liaises, and coordinates with registered agents in connection with legal, annual report, lawsuit, and tax documents.
· Maintains, organizes, and updates corporate records. Assists in the preparation of corporate filings to maintain corporate good standing in all applicable jurisdictions.
· Keeps up to date on incorporation laws and by-laws in Canada, the structure of Panasonic Canada, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. Keeps up to date on Company policies and contract approvals
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Requires 3-4 years bachelor level degree from a college or university in business administration or other related degree.
- Licensed Paralegal required. Law degree or partial degree would be an asset.
- 7 to 10 years related corporate law experience in Ontario.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office related software and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Uses a broad knowledge of corporate law and applies practices and principles to daily activities.
- Logical coherence of law concepts is required.
- Significant problem solving is required to gather moderately extensive information and provide logical analysis or recommendations.
- Good interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills.
- Communicates with a sensitivity for diverse contacts and audiences.
How to Apply
Please apply via email at [email protected]. Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.