Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Provide solutions-oriented legal guidance on all aspects of labor and employment law across the U.S., while mitigating risk and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures. The guidance will support various aspects of the company’s operations and functional departments.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and support to Human Resources and management.
- Research and advise on topics such as employee handbooks, policies and procedures; recruiting and hiring; employee relations; performance management; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; disability and accommodations; sick leave and other leaves of absence; working time; compensation and benefits; discrimination, harassment and retaliation; confidentiality and restrictive covenants; and contingent worker issues; re-organizations.
- Keep informed of significant labor and employment trends and decisions, legislation and rulings, and make recommendations on related actions.
- Draft and edit employment-related templates and documents.
- Develop and provide employment-related training.
- Provide support on pre-litigation and litigation matters.
- Assist in developing case strategies and budgets, preparing or reviewing pleadings and discovery responses, preparing witnesses, negotiating settlements.
- Assist with identifying, engaging, and managing outside counsel.
- Draft and coordinate responses to requests for employment records, demand letters, and government audits and investigations.
- Assist Associate General Counsel and International Employment Counsel in coordinating with Human Resources and external counsel to manage global projects and resolve labor and employment issues outside of the U.S.
- Provide Corporate Counsel-level support on non-labor and employment matters and projects for the Legal Department. Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in support of the corporate and legal functions of the organization.
- Strong labor and employment background and litigation management experience in multiple U.S. jurisdictions, including California.
- Excellent research, writing, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface successfully with all levels of internal and external clients to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines and resolve complex problems, with a thorough understanding of the business and legal environments.
- Demonstrated ability to implement legal strategies to meet business goals.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- Work well under pressure with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Outstanding communication skills, highly presentable and articulate.
- Self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment, business acumen and common sense
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse high pressure situations and resolve difficult problems.
- Law degree from accredited U.S. law school.
- Admission to the California State Bar or eligibility for Registered In-House Counsel status in California (including active/good standing status with another state bar).
- 8 years’ experience practicing labor and employment law.
- Combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Experience in a U.S. or Japanese-based multinational company preferred.
Avionics, electronics, software, satellite communications, and/or services provider experience preferred.
- Ability to travel, up to 10% domestic
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.