This individual will be responsible for multiple concurrent projects and work with various departments as well as external organizations to meet customer objectives and deadlines. This individual will help ensure world class customer service is provided to the customer by providing technical assistance, trouble shooting of equipment control systems.
- Maintain and manage all controls related issues for couple of National accounts. Including, but not limited to utilizing the field escalation process when needed.
- Provide tech support for controls which include case controls, system controls and any other subcomponent controls of Hussmann products.
- Work closely with Controls team in resolving any systemic controls issues, understanding of new releases etc. and collaborate with them in developing requirements for any new functional enhancements.
- Responsible for any field program update coordination for controls and review of equipment performance data during troubleshooting of equipment.
- Responsible for review and submission of controls specific COD (Custom Order Development) to the primary contacts, work with the engineering team to ensure customer requirements, deliverables and project timing are being met.
- Play a key role in the cross-functional team (Sales, Tech Support, Field Support, and Controls group) by providing customer expectations, project information/updates, confirmed deadlines and post shipment deliverable requirements.
- Assist Sales Team with any special project initiatives and customer presentations involving special focus on equipment controls.
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the control systems, sequence of operations and equipment interfaces.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with controls application in refrigeration or HVAC or other related industry.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously * Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times.
- Must have a keen ability to create and effectively manage project deadlines. Communication skills: must be excellent both written and oral.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information, respond and follow-up on questions and inquiries from internal & external customers.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on an independent basis; giving great attention to detail and displaying the initiative to quickly identify and resolve variances, failures, and discrepancies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & a CRM software tool.
- Refrigeration Industry experience required
- Proficient knowledge of refrigeration equipment case controls and and other system controls is a plus.
- Minimum High School Diploma and Technical Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years Refrigeration/HVAC or related industry experience
- Must have advanced industry product knowledge; hands on understanding of complex refrigeration systems; and advanced knowledge of electrical controls and equipment
Since 1906, Hussmann has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
Hussmann creates value for customers in the areas of merchandising, food safety, shelf live extension, sustainability and the life cycle value. Hussmann is focused on addressing the needs of its customers, providing solutions that provide superior value for their business.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.