Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Performing control system maintenance and detailed troubleshooting in support of 24/7 plant operations.
- Working and interacting with multiple departments/teams/Technicians/Shift Leads/Operators with the common goal of maintaining and responding to all battery manufacturing control system issues and developing and implementing corrective action.
- Using schematics, wiring diagrams, P&ID’s, PFD’s, SOP’s, and various other available documentation as tools in performing maintenance and troubleshooting of all battery manufacturing control systems and developing and implementing corrective action.
- Performing detailed PLC programming review and analysis as a tool in the troubleshooting of battery manufacturing control systems and developing corrective action.
- Performing minor PLC program modifications relating to the implementation of temporary or permanent system fixes as a corrective action resulting from detailed troubleshooting of faulted/inoperable/disabled/broken battery manufacturing control systems.
- Performing detailed HMI programming review and analysis as a tool in the troubleshooting of battery manufacturing control systems and developing corrective action.
- Performing minor HMI program modifications relating to the implementation of temporary or permanent system fixes as a corrective action resulting from detailed troubleshooting of faulted/inoperable/disabled/broken battery manufacturing control systems.
- Performing redlining of schematics, drawings, and SOP’s to reflect modifications based on corrective actions, and to document as-built conditions.
- Using Configuration Management and Revision Control to document any and all modifications to PLC programming, schematics, drawings, P&ID’s, PFD’s, and SOP’s.
- Performing detailed troubleshooting on Keyence vision systems within battery manufacturing processes.
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements as a tool in troubleshooting control systems and developing corrective action.
- Formulating and documenting proposed modifications to existing facility systems with the goal of increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Conferring with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems.
- Analyzing test data and reports to use as a tool in the troubleshooting battery manufacturing control systems.
- Directing Engineering Technicians in the maintenance and troubleshooting of battery manufacturing control systems and the development of corrective actions.
- Directing Engineering Technicians in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience programming, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Omron, Mitsubishi, and Allen Bradley.
- Understanding of electrical hardware, schematics, wiring diagrams, SOP’s, P&ID’s, PFD’s, sequence control, and software design.
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting activities on control systems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex control systems, including software, hardware, wiring, and electro-mechanical components.
- Experience programming, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing image vision systems such as Keyence and Cognex.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift (day or night) to support 24/7 battery manufacturing control systems maintenance.
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 3+ years of manufacturing controls engineering experience performing maintenance is preferred.
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling/grounding/shielding, wire gauge/terminations, and load/temperature requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NEC NFPA 70 and 79 codes.
- Familiarity with ISA standards and symbology.
- Knowledge regarding electrical requirements in hazardous locations (Class I, Div 2).
- Experience with 480 V panel installations.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.