- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting Keyence vision systems within Panasonic’s battery manufacturing processes
- Programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Omron within Panasonic’s battery manufacturing processes
- Analyzing product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
- Determining feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors
- Providing technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning
- Conferring with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design
- Preparing or directing preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing or building of prototype products or systems.
- Planning and developing experimental test programs
- Analyzing test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Evaluating engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrochemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of controls engineering experience
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas
- Flexibility to solve issues with first principles thinking
- Familiarity with wiring/cabling size/terminations and load/temperature requirements
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NFPA codes:
- 79 (and related UL standards for industrial machinery)
- Knowledge regarding electrical requirements in hazardous locations (Class I, Division 2)
- Experience with 480 V panel installations
- Control wiring design
- Understanding of electrical hardware, drawings, sequence control and software design
- Experience with energy usage/optimization
- Knowledge and handling about American environmental laws and UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting manufacturing image vision systems such as Keyence and Cognex
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience programming, installing, and troubleshooting PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Omron
- Background working in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy is expanding to Kansas after demonstrating exceptional performance Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems. This role is located in De Soto, Kansas and is responsible for the next phase of Panasonic battery manufacturing for Tesla and Lucid.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. We continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy.