Panasonic – Controller
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Primarily responsible for the financial tracking of the Operational side of the business. Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements. Provides guidance and leadership to staff and participates in departmental projects.
- Performs all Financial closings and reporting, month end, year-end, etc.
- Resolve daily operational concerning accounting treatment of financial transactions
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost-efficient operation.
- Perform/Review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting results
- Evaluate Inventory – includes physical inventory audits and E&O analysis. Performs cost roll-ups and maintain standard inventory valuations.
- Responsible for re-structuring to create cost reduction. Assess and evaluate financial performance of company with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
Approve analysis such as, but not limited to:
- Balance sheet, expense and salary accruals, department expense, salary, tax and other specified accounts
- Approve account analysis for key asset and reserve accounts
- Resolve actual to budget unexpected variances in Balance Sheet and P&L items
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
- Serve as integral member of R&D ECO team, responsible for all BOM reviews and approvals.
- Manages all Audits, HR related reporting such as payroll, vacation accruals and headcount. Overseas Shared Services, preferred supplier list, payment terms, costing
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Coordinate all accounting operational functions ensuring that all activities are completed accurately in a timely fashion
- Identify, develop and monitor initiatives to meet performance targets
- Provide support to the Business Unit President and Management (moderate combination of scope, complexity and persuasion)
- Acts as strategic partner for Finance, optimizing controls and documenting processes
- Ensures full compliance with PC and PNA policies, internal controls
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Serve as a liaison to external auditors
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Establish and maintain internal controls
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
- Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy and conformance with uniform accounting regulations, classifications or other specific accounting requirements
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
What You’ll Bring:
- Managing 2 staff members.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 10 years of progressive Accounting experience in a leadership role
- Experience with consolidating financial statements
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Background or knowledge of cost accounting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting and SOX compliance
- Experience reporting up to larger publicly traded company
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to supervise others
- Evaluate and analyze data
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Manage many tasks at once
- Maintain knowledge of current/recent tax changes pertaining to the business
- Delegate work appropriately
- Collaborate with others
- Must communicate with leadership team and BOD, CEO and outside vendors
- Must be able to develop and communicate plans, initiatives and operational models to all levels
- Must be able to compile data for presentations to be delivered to all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate with business partners to act in the best interest of the organization
- Must be able to prepare reports and provide accurate data for audits, or upon request from Corporate.
- Must be able to speak, hear, interact, lead, and see in order to best understand the business
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands, fingers to type.
- Must be technically savvy to assist and assess software programs
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.