Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver the ultimate in-flight experience through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage of "People before Products" and, as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Contracts Specialist to join our team. This is a fixed term contract for a period of 6 months.
As a Contracts Specialist you will provide administrative and contracts support for the Legal and Contracts group at Aeromobile and PAC UK HQ. Participates in the drafting of contractual documents that establish and/or renew business relationships with customers and/or partners for the PAC and Aeromobile businesses supported from the UK. Reviews documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy. Assists the Senior Counsel, Aeromobile and Senior Contracts Manager, PAC with other administrative contracting tasks on an as needed basis. This role sits in the PAC UK Langley office.
KEY ACTIVITY AREAS:
- Responsible for assisting with drafting agreements, assisting with negotiations, and assisting Senior Counsel and Senior Contracts Manager with routine contracts.
- Responsible for assisting with drafting agreements, assisting with negotiations, and assisting Senior Contract Manager with structuring & finalizing contracts with customers and/or partners. Assistance with the preparation of a formal written contract which reflects the agreed upon proposal and baseline deal.
- Administrative Support/Pre-award proposal support – review of the commercial Term Sheet (Aeromobile) or RFP and proposal (PAC) to ensure that risks and liabilities are captured in the final contract. Prepare draft summaries of contract for review by the Senior Counsel and Contract Manager. Attend to general administrative tasks as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers, including executives and attorneys.
- Strong administrative and contract drafting skills. Ability to make recommendations that resolve complex issues and balance customer demands.
- Ability to implement new or existing policy and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel and coordinate cross functional teams.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related contracts negotiation/management, writing and review.
- Experience in the aviation, telecom or commercial avionics industry preferred.