Panasonic – Contract Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of government contracts to the Public Sector market, particularly State, Local & Education including support of customer bid proposals where such contracts are utilized. Additionally, work with the reseller channel for bid proposals and contract compliance. The Contract Manager position demands a mix of strategic and transactional capabilities, with a firm understanding of risk management. The role entails the management of prime contracts, sub-contracts and teaming arrangements.
Contract Management Pre-Award:
- Oversight of pre-award contracting issues including contractual methods, types, negotiation, channel coordination, and protests.
- Review all Panasonic contractual obligations. Coordinate with Sales, Resellers, SCM, pricing managers and other groups to ensure contractual compliance with obligations (i.e. most favored customer clauses, price increase/decrease/update clauses, administrative fees, web portal development and maintenance, audits/records, staffing reports, insurance and HR requirements.)
- Provide contractual opinion of strategic opportunities and solicitations. Review and redline contracts in collaboration with Legal and Risk Management. In collaboration with Legal, create and manage contract templates.
- Provide contractual content for bid proposal responses to strategic solicitations including: terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and other contractually related requirements. Coordinate with Sales, Finance, Legal and other functional internal departments, ensuring proper communication and internal approval/sign-off as required.
Contract Management Post-Award:
- Monitor contract performance by determining compliance to contract and regulatory requirements. Coordinates with management, resellers and other internal groups to ensure requirements are being satisfactorily fulfilled
- Create and manage Dashboard of performance metrics for business.
- Manage contract renewal and rebid through strategy development and collaboration with sales, business development and agency buying offices.
Relationship Management and Training:
- Maintain good relationships with government contracting agencies and have thorough understanding of agency mission, contract strategies and uses.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development teams to understand market and customer requirements.
- Train internal teams regarding Federal and state buying procedures, contract uses, strategies and grants.
- Promote grant office and program usage as a sales tool.
- Manage strategic contracts list and partner list.
- Work with PNA governmental affairs to understand statutes and legislation affecting business.
- Develop summary communications database in concert with PNA government affairs office for understanding across all PSSNA teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry associations as necessary to understand industry concerns and issues.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Business, Political Science or Technology related preferred
- 10+ years working in contract management or Public Sector Account Management required
- Contract writing and negotiation experience preferred
- Strong written skills, proposal skills preferred
- PMP Certification a plus
- Project Management Experience
- Travel 25%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.