Panasonic – Contract Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Contract Manager is responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating Procurement Contracts, Commercial Contracts, Statements of Work (SOWs) and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) for PNA companies, working directly with the PNA Procurement, Sales, Solutions Design, and PNA Legal personnel.
Agreement Development and Review:
- Work with each business, including Procurement, Sales, and Solutions Design, to draft, review and negotiate procurement, supplier and/or customer terms and conditions and agreements, including Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Master Purchase Agreements (MPAs), subscription agreements, consulting agreements, SOWs and NDAs, acting as the primary point of contact for such agreements.
- Develop and execute an efficient collaborative process with PNA Legal to ensure timely turnaround on all agreements.
- Develop standard templates for businesses to use for Proposals, Contracts, Letters of Intent (LOIs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), SOWs, NDAs, Consulting Agreements and other customer agreements.
- Update and refine forms on an ongoing basis, incorporating new elements as needed based on new solution offerings, PNA terms and conditions, new company policies, etc.
Work with other PNA Legal team members on improvements to the PNA contracting processes, including migrating to a contract lifecycle management system.
Customer Contract Support:
Work with other PNA organizations such as Credit, Finance, Corporate Services, IT and Risk Management to support proposals and contracting processes, ensuring financial and business terms are incorporated correctly into contracts, obtaining necessary business approvals of the contract terms, and managing risk and exposure for PNA.
What You’ll Bring:
- Reports to Assistant General Counsel – Transactions
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of legal experience in a Contract Manager or similar role required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required. JD degree preferred.
- Must have experience reading and analyzing RFPs, managing and coordinating project proposals, drafting and editing agreements, and producing high-quality work product under tight deadlines.
- Experience in software licensing, Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud services offerings, and solutions projects is a plus.
- Experience with contract management platforms and processes is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with trademark searches and filing processes.
- Experience with M&A contract due diligence is a plus.
- Keen attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and handle a high volume of contracts. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Communications: Must: (a) be comfortable communicating with internal/external corporate stakeholders; (b) have strong persuasion and negotiation skills; and (c) have outstanding written communications skills (grammar, spelling and business communication skills/etiquette).
- Up to 5% Travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.