As a Continuous Improvement Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading process improvement projects. They will be responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of new and improved processes, organizational structures, systems, etc. while maintaining Hussmann standards for quality, reliability, and behaviors. This individual will also play a key role in the continued development of our formal Process and Margin Improvement (PMI) process.
This individual will own all phases of each project including problem definition, business case (ROI), solution development, implementation, and tracking of project results. They will be expected to clarify project scope, identify a project team, set KPI and margin improvement objectives, perform root cause analysis, lead the team in the development of solutions, and implement the solutions to achieve projected margin and KPI improvements.
- Lead small to medium scale process improvement projects from start to finish including clarifying project scope, identifying a cross-functional project team, setting KPI and margin improvement objectives, performing root cause analyses, facilitating the development of solution items, and leading solution implementation. Ensure projects are completed on time and meet cost and margin improvement targets.
- Lead agile initiatives and projects such as NPI process improvement, product development, agile process development, customer experience program deployment, cross department workflow, etc. Drive continuous improvement of the Process & Margin Improvement (PMI) Procedure. Establish procedural steps, identify best practices, develop formal documentation and deliverables, and standardize project ROI calculation.
- Responsible for the collection and evaluation of improvement opportunities through the idea pipeline and other sources. Work with idea submitters to estimate and score potential costs and benefits of project ideas. Partner with the steering committee to select projects for further development.
- Track project schedule, milestones, deliverables, and resources in Clarity. Present project updates and acquire steering committee and resource owner approval for all project milestones and project phases. Manage expectations by identifying and communicating risks and barriers associated with project.
- Assist EPE tasks as needed – SOP development and documentation, ECN review, document management, etc.
Education & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in fields of engineering, business required or 10+ years of applicable experience in lei of Bachelors degree
- 3 + years of project management experience
- Technical/Functional Knowledge – Self-motivated, ability to lead cross-functional teams, solution-oriented, ability to identify and drive metrics and KPI improvements, organized and detail-oriented, strong presentation and reporting skills. Knowledge of Hussmann PPM tools a plus.
- PMI certification or Lean/Six Sigma certification a plus.
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.