Panasonic – Construction Sales Representative
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Sales Representative develops and executes plans for each market assigned with specific goals to grow the company’s business and market share. Through solid prospecting the sales representative targets opportunities with key residential builders, developers, mechanical contractors and engineers. Ability to make presentations to all market segments that covey the company’s vision for addressing the current and future needs for indoor air quality.
- Primary function will be devoted to directly soliciting and capturing large, strategic Builders, Developers, Specifiers, Off-Site Construction, Manufactured Housing and Hotel Management and Chains (enterprise customers)
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Collaborates with Construction Sales Manager to build direct territory sales growth and business with existing distributor accounts.
- Achieve sales and profit targets for area of responsibility and responsible for developing demand forecast for assigned customer base.
- Demonstrates products to potential/existing customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals /quotations for current and potential customers.
- Participates in trade shows, seminars and field events as directed.
Planning & Training:
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization. Updates to be entered regularly utilizing Salesforce CRM
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive products and industry trends
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for assigned customers highlighting market share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all Panasonic products, features, functions, and benefits and competitive advantages.
- Provides hands on technical support to installers with the ability to troubleshoot application and performance related problems. Provide feedback to the factory
Customer Service/ Admin:
- Maintains clear written records of all contacts and potential business in the format requested.
- Submits detailed weekly progress reports to the Construction Sales Manager with new customer development progress, sales issues, competitive activities, and industry changes in your market. Aware of current and future building codes as it relates to IAQ standards.
- Submits expense reports within 2 weeks of incurred expense.
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional overseas travel (70% travel requirement from your home-based office.)
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed.
- Reports to the Construction Sales Manager
- Achieves new business development goals as assigned in collaboration with the NCSM.
- Achieve sales goals for products assigned directly. This position includes a car allowance
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree/ some college or HSG. exp in sales, marketing or business studies is preferred.
- 3+ years relevant experience in industrial sales, sales to factories, factory automation knowledge is a plus
- Highly competent in use of a personal computer particularly MS Office with ability to acquire new skills with corporate business systems. Able to utilize CRM, Salesforce, program for lead generation and disbursement.
- Demonstrates aptitude for completing the sales process from prospecting to securing the business.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Has an ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a timely and effective way. Responds in a timely manner to all inquiries (within one business day).
- Ability to educate contractors and engineers respectively about best practices that encourages the use of the company’s IAQ products and solutions as well as its preferred method of installation.
- Maintain sales expenses within budget.
- Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails in a timely manner.
- Able to articulate product features in concise, simple to understand language at all levels, from end users and installers to specifying engineer and C level builder key decision makers.
- Skilled at using industry standard CRM programs to keep management aware of sales progress
- Able to prepare convincing arguments to close sales thorough excellent verbal and written skills.
- Spanish is a plus
- Carry sample products into and out of customer locations, carry and load/unload from car/van frequently. Typically, able to carry 40lbs load by self
- Negotiate building sites unaided and be able to demonstrate product installation when necessary.
- Requires 70% + travel
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.