Panasonic – Construction Sales Representative
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Sales Process Primary function will be devoted to directly soliciting and capturing large, strategic Builders, Developers, Specifiers, Off-Site Construction, Manufactured Housing and Hotel Management and Chains (enterprise customers) Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Collaborates with Construction Sales Manager to build direct territory sales growth and business with existing distributor accounts.
- Achieve sales and profit targets for area of responsibility and responsible for developing demand forecast for assigned customer base.
- Demonstrates products to potential/existing customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals /quotations for current and potential customers.
- Participates in trade shows, seminars and field events as directed.
- Planning & Training Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Updates to be entered regularly utilizing Salesforce CRM Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive products and industry trends Creates and manages a customer value plan for assigned customers highlighting market share and value opportunities.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all Panasonic products, features, functions, and benefits and competitive advantages.
- Provides hands on technical support to installers with the ability to troubleshoot application and performance related problems.
- Provide feedback to the factory Customer Service/ Admin Maintains clear written records of all contacts and potential business in the format requested.
- Submits detailed weekly progress reports to the Construction Sales Manager with new customer development progress, sales issues, competitive activities, and industry changes in your market.
- Aware of current and future building codes as it relates to IAQ standards. Submits expense reports within 2 weeks of incurred expense.
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional overseas travel (70% travel requirement from your home-based office.)
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Degree required/preferred Associate Degree in technical sales or bachelor’s degree, marketing or business studies is preferred.
- 5-8+ years relevant experience in industrial sales, sales to factories, factory automation knowledge is a plus Highly competent in use of a personal computer particularly MS Office with ability to acquire new skills with corporate business systems.
- Able to utilize CRM, Salesforce, program for lead generation and disbursement.
- Carry sample products into and out of customer locations, carry and load/unload from car/van frequently.
- Typically, able to carry 40lbs load by self Negotiate building sites unaided and be able to demonstrate product installation when necessary.
- Requires 70% + travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.