The Construction QA & QS Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls, and evaluates the overall QA-QS scope of work of the construction project under the direction of the construction project leader. The Construction Manager will be expected to ensure compliance with all federal and state procedures, regulations, and codes, and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis.
- Oversee end-to-end QA-QS scope of work for the construction project
- Developing and implementing the necessary QA-QS systems and process flows to ensure the success of the project
- Managing the QA-QS coordination between the company and design/construction contractor teams
- Ensuring the construction work meets all regulatory, designer, and owner requirements
- Prepare QA-QC status and issues reports to leadership and team
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, IT, Engineering Management, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in Construction QA-QS roles on large scale projects preferred
- Construction related QA-QS certifications preferred
- Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement mindset
- Industrial and commercial construction experience
- Understanding of business and/or construction
- Understanding of construction cost estimating, accounting, and cost control
- Knowledge of relevant engineering principles and methods of construction
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of construction contracting regulations
- Knowledge of public procurement regulations and procedures
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
- Lean Six Sigma, 5S, and continuous process improvement experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the various cross-functional teams to ensure overall program alignment
- Influence various teams without direct reporting structure
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- High Performance Leadership
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments
- Superb written and spoken communication, including executive-level presentations – but genuine above all. This role is a critical leadership role, with communications affecting a large organization
- Clear prioritization to advance efforts on multiple fronts
- Flexibility, which is critical for a high-performance environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage large dollar capital improvement projects
- Understanding of complex program and project delivery management systems, including differing construction delivery contract types
- Expertise in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Attention to accuracy is critical
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks ongoing at the same time
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Being open to accept challenges and try to overcome them, either individually or collectively
- Focus to achieve the organization’s goals while developing skills and gaining knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with others for building successful projects
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Must be able to build trust and influence at all levels of an organization, including the PENA senior leadership team and Panasonic Headquarters
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Here at Panasonic Energy, we set out each day to change the world by accelerating the transition to sustainable energy through the production of safe, high-quality lithium-ion batteries.
Our journey began in 2017 when Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) began producing batteries for electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc., at the Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada. Our operation has since grown to be the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world with a growing workforce of more than 4,000 employees that has surpassed six billion cells delivered and counting. And this is just the beginning.
As a next step, we are expanding our operations into De Soto, Kansas as we strive to increase battery production and further support our long-term commitment to advancing the EV industry in the U.S. and building a better world.
As the demand for EVs rapidly grows, we continue to innovate our lithium-ion battery technology and production capabilities to achieve greater efficiency and performance in electric vehicles.
In addition to a work environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, training and career development opportunities, paid time off and so much more.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.