The Construction Project Accounting Manager’s primary responsibility will be to manage all aspects of a day-to-day accounting operation pertaining to a very large multi-year construction project in the Midwest. Liaising with our PENA facilities teams as well as any/all contractors, design houses, consultants, etc. This role can reside in either Reno or Kansas; if in Reno, travel will be required.
- Collaborating with the project manager/team to develop a detailed, cost-effective budget for the project.
- Performing accounting duties throughout the project, such as processing invoices, reconciling contractors budgeted spend, estimating cash flow, and signing off on purchase orders.
- Analyzing all transactions and working unforeseen costs into the budget.
- Keeping a record of all project finances for internal/external auditing and tax purposes.
- Preparing cost analyses by interpreting projects' financial data and information.
- Reporting any financial risks and budgetary discrepancies to management for review.
- Researching market trends and projecting construction-related price increases/decreases.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping abreast with both the construction and accounting industry.
- Provide supervision to the day-to-day accounting operation
- Ensure the accounting staff are trained and equipped to complete assigned tasks
- Prepare and/or review various journal entries to ensure booking in accordance with GAAP/IFRS and company policy
- Review and compile required documentation to ensure compliance with required control processes and procedures
- Review current process and implement process improvements
- Document procedures, processes, and systems as they evolve for the department
- Review Monthly Account Reconciliations
- Support the manager/controller in the general ledger closing activities coordinating with finance and accounting during an aggressive three day close
- Reconcile and review general ledger accounts monthly as assigned
- Prepare schedules/reporting as assigned
- Monitor staff performance and complete scheduled performance reviews
- Assist in planning and recruiting of staff
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 10+ years of accounting experience, preferably with 5+ years in a large scale construction/project environment
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related financial procedures.
- Advanced literacy with Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets and database functions for tracking, variance analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, or another fully integrated ERP system is preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work with all levels of organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to drive a project from conception through completion
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and members of other departments
- Strong customer service skills including excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Utilize established resources to complete work efficiently and effectively
- Responds to inquiries from other departments in a timely manner
- Capable of handling confidential information in a responsible manner
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a start-up environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager/controller
- Detail oriented and highly organized and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Construction Accounting certification (preferred)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.