Job summary – Connectivity Sales Manager
Connectivity Sales Manager will lead the regional connectivity sales activity for Panasonic Avionics. The manager will develop a keen understanding of regional airline customer’s needs for connectivity solutions, the competitive landscape for Panasonic Avionics, for commercial as well as regional airlines. Promotes Panasonic connectivity solution value proposition, create and identify leads and sales opportunities, drive connectivity growth & revenue, and drive the profitability of regional connectivity business. Works closely with business unit leadership and functional experts, build and lead successful regional go-to-market campaigns.
He/She is also expected to support implementation of new business models, new partnerships, and the enablement of Panasonic Avionics connectivity business strategy to grow our connectivity business.
- Responsible for leading the regional Connectivity sales activity and P&L, and for delivering the Revenue and Profitability financials
- Be the regional connectivity subject matter expert, reaching back to functional expertise and facilitating meetings with customers
- Responsible for identifying and creating new business opportunities, and leading proposals and quotations efforts
- Responsible to bridge the communication among stakeholders and customers on sales activities status, technology roadmap and demo plans
- Develop a deep understanding of the “met and unmet needs” of the Airline Passenger (B2C), and our Aviation Business Partners (B2B).
- Based on data and a deep understanding of the Passenger and Airline Business Partners, partner with functional to create and implement new Business Models and Services that enable Panasonic Avionics to deliver growth in regional markets
- Partner closely with account managers to be the “voice of customer” to support functional team on new business model, new product strategy and roadmap implementation
- Architect and lead regional go-to-market campaigns and promotional efforts
- By using Lean Start-Up techniques, role model “start up behavior” by demonstrating their success in weeks and months, not months and years
- Successfully lead a team that will proactively identify, and manage new and existing Partnerships that will enable growth in our Connectivity business
- Partner closely with our Customer Performance Center to deliver a world-class customer experience to existing customers, and new customers based on customer centric KPIs
- Deep passion and knowledge of aviation industry
- Technical understanding of Connectivity business and relevant products
- Champion of change and influential communicator
- Relevant commercial experience leading Sales, Product Management, or Services
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills including leading in matrix organizations
- 5 - 10 years of commercial experience leading Sales, Product Management, or Services in the aviation industry
- Engineering or business degree
- MBA preferred
- Aviation education or experience required