We seek a Connectivity Sales Manager to lead the regional Connectivity sales activity for Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
The incumbent will develop a strong understanding of regional airline customer’s needs for Connectivity solutions. He / She will promote a Connectivity solution value proposition, create and identify leads and sales opportunities, drive Connectivity growth & revenue, and drive the profitability of regional Connectivity business. Working closely with business unit leadership and functional experts, the role holder will build and lead successful regional go-to-market campaigns.
He / She is also expected to support the implementation of new business models, new partnerships, and the enablement of the Panasonic Avionics Connectivity business strategy to grow our Connectivity business.
- Lead the regional Connectivity sales activity and P&L, deliver the revenue and profitability financials.
- Be the regional Connectivity subject matter expert, reaching back to functional expertise and facilitate meetings with customers.
- Identify and create new business opportunities, leading proposals, and quotations efforts.
- Bridge the communication among stakeholders and customers on sales activities status, technology roadmap, and demo plans.
- Develop a deep understanding of the “met and unmet needs” of the Airline Passenger (B2C), and our Aviation Business Partners (B2B).
- Based on data and a deep understanding of the Passenger and Airline Business Partners, partner with functionals to create and implement new Business Models and Services that enable Panasonic Avionics to deliver growth in regional markets.
- Partner closely with account managers to be the “voice of the customer” to support the functional team on the new business model, new product strategy, and roadmap implementation.
- Architect and lead regional go-to-market campaigns and promotional efforts.
- By using Lean Start-Up techniques, role model “startup behavior” by demonstrating their success in weeks and months, not months and years
- Successfully lead a team that will proactively identify, and manage new and existing partnerships that will enable growth in the Connectivity business
- Partner closely with our Customer Performance Center to deliver a world-class customer experience to existing customers, and new customers based on customer-centric KPIs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have an Engineering or Business degree, MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of commercial experience leading Sales, Product Management, or Services in the aviation industry.
- Aviation education or experience required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the aviation industry
- Technical understanding of Connectivity business and relevant products
- Champion of change and influential communicator
- Relevant commercial experience leading Sales, Product Management, or Services
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills including leading in matrix organizations