Panasonic – Compliance Specialist, Data Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do
- Provide support for ethics and compliance programs related to data analysis, compliance risk assessments and remediation, Key Process Indicators, dashboard development and monitoring, and surveys.
- Develop and maintain databases, prepare reports and support data analytics projects within a compliance program.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, such as potential regulatory deficiencies, conflicts of interest, training completion and effectiveness, and information security.
- Support the development and implementation of processes and systems to collect and retain data, information and supporting materials necessary for application as an Ethisphere Worlds Most Ethical Company
- Establish and maintain a data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices.
- Participate in auditing, organizing, and processing data to ensure legal compliance.
- Collaborate with compliance professionals located in other parts of the world to ensure our region provides all necessary information and reports to Panasonics headquarters in Japan.
- Establish compliance program monitoring and controls to ensure ongoing compliance with internal global standards and external laws, regulations and expectations.
- Apply knowledge of data processing software and business development strategies to provide sound business decisions to company Executives.
- Collaborate with other data professionals to collect data, extract data figures, analyze data, create reports based on findings, and monitor KPIs to determine business initiative success.
- Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Use graphs, infographics and other appropriate methods to visualize and communicate data.
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Prepare effective reports and presentations, potentially including multimedia content, including recommendations and findings, for senior management, internal teams and various other stakeholders.
- Prepare periodic compliance and ethics program reports, KPIs, and related program measurements.
- Create and maintain or submit necessary program forms, reports, and internal report requests etc., at the direction of ethics and compliance management.
- Develop, implement, and monitor effectiveness measurements for training and communications.
- Liaise with business units and subsidiaries to identify gaps and non-compliance and partner with process owners to ensure that they are corrected.
- Ensure improper conduct is reported and discouraged.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Database Management, or Data Analysis.
- 5-7 years of experience in compliance or compliance-related fields.
- Project management skills, training and/or experience
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint and Excel, Spreadsheets and data gathering and analysis tools
- Experience with Smartsheet
- Coding skills in languages such as SQL, Python,etc preferred
- Experience with statistical software
- Reporting and data visualization skills
- Strong project, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and develop process efficiencies where required.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail to identify potential trends, issues, and process enhancements.
- Able to work independently and know when to appropriately escalate an issue for resolution.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Must possess the ability to quickly and accurately acquire a working knowledge of Panasonic entities’ businesses, strategies and processes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Investigative nature
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to create and maintain effective business relationships in a multinational and multi-cultural atmosphere.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Excellent data analytics skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Team Oriented
- Occasional domestic travel, 10 percent
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $71,000 - $97,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!