Panasonic – Ethics & Compliance Training Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
This position is responsible for enhancing, supporting and maintaining the Ethics and Compliance Program across the PNA Group.Ethics & Compliance Program Operation:
- Provide project management support for projects related to ethics & compliance programs, such as, special projects, awareness, training & education, risk assessments, and surveys.
- Maintain and implement enhancements to internal controls that prevent and detect instances or patterns of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior management.
- Prepare periodic reports and evaluations on the compliance and ethics program.
- Assist with the management and oversight of the company’s hotline and ethics and compliance reporting tool(s).
- Coordinate execution and implementation of global policies and procedures
- Manage the operation of any compliance related programs and committees.
- Coordinate and document responses to internal and external reporting requirements relating to compliance and ethics program elements.
- Create or maintain and submit necessary forms, reports, and internal report requests etc.
- Daily review of the regional compliance and training inboxes
- Assist with annual plans for effective communication to and training of all employees within our remit. These plans should be developed with a focus on creating and maintaining a culture where ethics and compliance is a natural part of every action taken at the company and one where asking questions and raising your hand to identify concerns is both encouraged and celebrated.
- Develop, manage, and conduct ethics and compliance communications materials and training, including content review, identification of target audience(s), communications and scheduling plans, and completion tracking.
- Conduct engaging live training which will encourage and promote a culture of ethics and compliance.
- Communicate the importance of ethics and compliance to management, including promoting an understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with company employees and representatives to ensure that they have the requisite information and knowledge of compliance requirements to carry out their responsibilities in a lawful and ethical manner.
- Assist management with compliance integration associated with new ventures and proposed merger & acquisition activity.
- Collaborate with compliance professionals located in other parts of the world to ensure our region provides all necessary information and reports to Panasonic’s headquarters in Japan and implements compliance programs in accordance with global standards.
- Liaise with business units and subsidiaries to identify gaps and non-compliance and partner with process owners to ensure that they are corrected.
- Respond to employee questions about the company’s compliance policies and corporate values.
- Ensure improper conduct is reported and discouraged.
- Other duties as assigned:
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field such as Business, Finance, Compliance or Legal
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in compliance and compliance-related fields
- Project management skills, training and/or experience preferred
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong project, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and develop process efficiencies where required.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail to identify potential trends, issues, and process enhancements.
- Able to work independently and know when to appropriately escalate an issue for resolution.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Must possess the ability to quickly and accurately acquire a working knowledge of Panasonic entities’ businesses, strategies and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to create and maintain effective business relationships in a multinational and multi-cultural atmosphere.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Occasional domestic travel (10%)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.