Panasonic – Compliance Counsel
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Ethics & Compliance Program Legal Support:
- Provide prompt and thorough advice on all ethics compliance matters and inquiries to business and functional partners;
- Act as an expert business partner to encourage and assist with compliance with regulatory and legal issues arising under global laws, including antitrust, data privacy, anti-corruption, Import/Export Controls and U.S. Embargoes and Sanctions.
- Revise and negotiate compliance contract clauses as well as responses to client and other third-party compliance questionnaires, and other similar inquiries.
- Manage and execute compliance due diligence procedures relating to proposed third party intermediaries, mergers and acquisitions, and joint venture formations, including review and decisions related to higher risk third parties.
- Conduct the requisite due diligence associated with travel, gift and entertainment, donation and sponsorship requests requiring Compliance approval.
- Conduct and oversee internal investigations related to allegations of violation of laws and policies.
- Draft, develop, and review compliance-related policies, including investigations policies and procedures and those policies related to antitrust, privacy, anti-corruption, Import/Export Controls and U.S. Embargoes and Sanctions.
- Lead internal compliance reviews and oversee implementation of remediation and mitigation efforts.
- Develop and implement internal controls that can prevent and detect significant instances or patterns of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Conduct risk assessments across the enterprise on all matters related to compliance risk.
- Monitor and report on external developments in compliance, including laws and regulations, government investigations, and industry best practices.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside counsel as needed.
Communications and Training:
- Conduct engaging live and on-line training which will encourage and promote a culture of ethics and compliance.
- Contribute to annual plans for effective communication to and training of all employees. These plans should be developed with a focus on creating and maintaining a culture where ethics and compliance is a natural part of every action taken at the company and one where asking questions and raising your hand to identify concerns is both encouraged and celebrated.
- Develop ethics and compliance communications materials and training including content review, identification of target audience(s), communications and scheduling plans, and completion tracking.
- Communicate the importance of compliance and ethics to management, including promoting an understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with company employees and representatives to ensure that they have the requisite information and knowledge of compliance requirements to carry out their responsibilities in a lawful and ethical manner.
- Assist management in evaluating potential compliance risks associated with new ventures and proposed merger & acquisition activity.
- Liaise with business units and subsidiaries to identify gaps and non-compliance and partner with process owners to ensure that they are corrected.
- Respond to employee questions about the company’s compliance policies and corporate values.
- Ensure improper conduct is reported and discouraged.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- JD required with admission to practice law in a state bar in Good Standing.
- At least 3-5 years of experience corporate compliance experience (at least 2 years in-house experience preferred).
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. and international laws, regulations, and industry guidance on the requirements for maintaining an effective compliance program, as well as those impacting global corporations, including but not limited to Antitrust, Anti-Corruption, Data Privacy, Import/Export Controls and U.S. Embargoes and Sanctions.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and regulatory information and provide actionable legal advice, as well as draft and implement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create and conduct engaging and effective live training presentations.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and develop process efficiencies where required.
- Able to work independently and know when to appropriately escalate an issue for resolution.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Must possess the ability to quickly and accurately acquire a working knowledge of Panasonic entities’ businesses, strategies and processes.
- Should be able to produce concise, relevant, and strategically driven documents/presentations.
- Occasional domestic travel (10%)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.