Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
We are seeking a dynamic Compensation Analyst to be a part of a great HR team, drive employee engagement, and support a growing population of employees in what is one of the most exciting projects in the world, here at the Gigafactory.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Audit jobs for content and prepares and /or reviews job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment
- Select survey job matches and conduct market pricing for jobs, develop salary ranges and comp packages
- Conduct job analysis to support salary structure development/review during merges and acquisitions project.
- Conducts analysis of Executive Compensation for company’s competitiveness.
- Develops and/or participates in compensation surveys to submit data and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects such as merit budgets, bonus plans, or other compensation-related programs.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on job families, new market request and comp package reviews
- Participate in the configuration of Workday system and system testing to support fiscal year end merit and bonus process
- Helps manage fiscal year end process, including communications to HR and managers
- Prepares routine and special reports for internal clients
- Analyzes data necessary to make recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of experience in Compensation
- Advanced skill level of Excel required
- High level of detail orientation
- Experience with a high-volume hiring environment or support of a large employee population (2000 plus) highly desired.
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple schedules effectively and efficiently. Resourceful.
- Positive approach to work. Supportive and high-energy
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with sincerity and a “we’ll find a way to figure this out” approach.
- Superior organizational skills and outstanding follow-through.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner with utmost integrity.
- Strong PC Skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Previous experience with ATS/HRIS systems desired.
- Willingness to be an active and positive contributor to a great team!
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.