Senior Level position within the Indirect Procurement department responsible for cost effective procurement of software development and contracting services, IT and software intellectual property licenses, as well as IT hardware products and supplies. Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement of goods and services within the Software Services and IT marketplace. Responsibilities include supplier source selection, commodity and market research, cost analysis, negotiation, business case preparation, purchase order placement, long term contract development.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Apply procurement disciplines to software engineering services and licenses, make/buy analysis and contracts to include productivity differentiated hourly rates at lowest overall cost to PASA. Develop Software Service Level agreements (SLAs), Statements of Work (SOWs) and KPI’s jointly with PASA engineering team and hold supplier business unit reviews to promote software engineering performance, cost management and accountability for deliverables.
- Support internal stakeholders to prepare RFI/RFP/RFQ's for sourcing projects and develop a consolidated overview of the supplier proposals (financially and technically), evaluate supplier proposals and prepare negotiation strategies that ensure alignment with the project budget. Evaluate total cost of ownership of goods and services and communicate explicit and implicit cost impact to stakeholders. Present business case for moving forward with recommended sourcing decisions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to negotiate and conclude agreements, implement sourcing decisions, and work within budgetary parameters.
- Ensure supplier’s delivery of contractual commitments, quality and value of contracts and goods and services deliverables.
- Promote and monitor early procurement and supplier involvement in key projects to optimize quality, cost and delivery outcomes.
- Promote transparency and collaboration through accurate tracking project status and maintain project updates on a timely basis.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve unplanned events & circumstances such as deliverable delays, SOW changes, supplier restructuring, warranty issues, performance issues, quality issue, etc. to ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies and procedures.
- Prepare strategies for cost reduction, cost avoidance and other value added projects. Track and maintain detailed cost avoidance and cost reduction activities.
- Communicate periodic results to plan and manage top-level continuous improvement activities and develop a keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks.
- Maintain and monitor professional developments and industry changes in infotainment and automotive industries as well as general business trends to consistently support PASA’s procurement strategy and vision.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, operations, industrial or a related field and five (5) years related procurement/supply chain experience or a minimum of seven (7) years related procurement/supply chain experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Experience in Indirect Procurement of goods and services within a corporate operating structure that supports multiple locations.
- Experience in Software Engineering, and/or high-volume automotive manufacturing.
- Prior management of sourcing projects from inception to implementation.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.