Responsible for coordinating and implementing the worldwide supply base strategies for their commodity category, ensuring that the strategy is specific, fact-based, comprehensive, consistent, well-communicated and delivers superior financial returns and a competitive advantage to the business.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Maintains responsibility for the supplier relationship and drives supplier
- Selection, coordinates development, and owns overall supplier management to include management of supplier issues.
- Develops sources and purchase strategy in terms of technology, quality, delivery and total cost.
- Negotiates and awards purchase orders/contracts/supply agreements in support of new product launch and existing production requirements.
- Establishes and manages key supplier performance goals and objectives; communicates periodic results to plan and manage top-level continuous improvement; develops keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks.
- Establishes top-level plans providing foundation for improved factory flexibility and responsiveness.
- Promotes and monitors early supplier involvement in key product developments, using the supplier’s expertise to optimize quality and produceability.
- Initiates/leads/participates in annual cost reduction and other value improvement projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Researches for key commodities/products to support the global and local requirements.
- Maintains bidding parameters by specific commodity.
- Coordinates with production and new products buying functions to integrate common suppliers/technology.
- Reviews Request for Quote and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, education, operations, industrial or a related field and six (6) years related purchasing/supply chain experience or a minimum of eight (8) years related purchasing/supply chain experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
- CPM or APIC’s certification preferred.
- Must have excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365 and suite of packages as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Previous SAP experience preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.