Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world.
Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
The Refrigeration Installation / Startup Technician is responsible for the installation, test and balance energy management systems (EMS) of refrigeration systems to include; electrical/wiring, plumbing commonly installed in supermarket, convenient stores and cold storage distribution format.
- Ability to pipe refrigeration equipment and systems in grocery construction environment (compressor racks, condensing units, walk-in units, refrigerated cases, ice machines)
- Hands-on knowledge of various energy management systems (EMS) – Danfoss, Novar, Emerson CPC
- Proficient with startup support, system commissioning, and system troubleshooting
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
- 3-5 yrs. years in commercial refrigeration installation in supermarket construction
- Refrigeration energy management systems (EMS)
- Must be proficient in brazing and soldering with ability to read blue prints
- Strong mechanical aptitude skills and use of hand and power tools
- High school/equivalent or vocational school required.
- Willing to Travel, work shifts and/or night work
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Incentive Plans
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement – industry related
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer