Are you ready to realize your potential? Hussmann’s business is growing, and our services are in high demand. We offer real opportunities to advance your career. Competitive hourly rates based on experience. Join the Hussmann family!
Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
You will perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers. Operating knowledge of self-contained refrigeration, heating and air conditioning units with some direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician
- Perform preventative maintenance, compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs resulting in 100% customer satisfaction.
- Repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping, solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel, diagnose low air flow, install PVC drain pipe, use temperature meters and sensors, receive, uncrate and properly hang blower coils, locate refrigeration leaks, fabricate hangers, struts and supports, power wash air-cooled condensing units, replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and time sheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable)
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Formal Education/Experience Requirement:
High School Diploma/GED and Certification from a Technical School or High School Diploma/GED and 3 Years of experience in commercial refrigeration
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration/HVAC
- Valid driver’s license to maintain a safe driving record in accordance with the fleet policy
- EPA certification
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend, crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds, all repetitively and for extended periods
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Work nights and/or weekends as required
- Strong leadership and business acumen
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-orientated and highly motivated
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement (industry related)
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.