Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenience stores, and cold storage facilities. Operates independently with a minimum of direct supervision. Develops first line customer relations and identifies potentials sales opportunities.
• Performs prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
• Enough system knowledge to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities.
• Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manages assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintains a clean vehicle, performs required maintenance on time.
• Completes necessary documents and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to utilize hand-held device to complete necessary paperwork and invoicing requirements.
• Ability to systematically utilize mirror and flashlight to check all joints, install PVC drain pipe with minimal supervision, set and trim cases, install and adjust glass doors and frames, use temperature sensors and gauges, determine proper coil layout in complex boxes, and locate refrigerant leaks
• Accurately identify pipe size and fittings by sight, perform system refrigerant and oil conversions and test oil during conversion and electric weld a variety of metals and joint types.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and correctly size thermostatic expansion valves.
• Working knowledge of pressure regulators as they pertain to pressurized gases.
• Working knowledge of energy management systems
• Ability to locate and repair leaks on refrigeration rack systems and single-compressor units
• Understand and adhere to work safety policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
• 5+ years in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred; strong HVAC
• High school diploma/GED/vocational school or 5+ years’ experience in lieu of education
• Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems
• Understanding of single-unit and parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes
• Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
• Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
• Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, detail-orientated and motivated
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude
• Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
• EPA 608 Universal Certification
• Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated
• Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items
• Company vehicle provided
• Incentives paid twice per year
• Benefits effective first day
• Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
• Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
• Excellent medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
• Matching 401K
• Tuition reimbursement (industry related)
• Streamlined hiring
• Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer