This position responds to the customers’ needs for service of equipment through maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores, and cold storage facilities. Assist Service Technicians perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible for performing prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible partnering with start-up of new refrigeration equipment.
- Understands work efficiencies direct relationship to company profitability.
- Knowledgeable and able to resolve warranty issues
- Assist Service Management team in providing material and labor estimates as necessary to bid service and repair jobs.
- Responsible for completing necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Working knowledge of energy management systems
- Ability to locate and repair leaks on refrigeration rack systems and single-compressor units
- Understand and adhere to work safety policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manages assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintains a clean vehicle, performs required maintenance on time.
- Additional duties as assigned by the management team
- 10+ years in commercial refrigeration; supermarket experienced preferred; strong HVAC
- High school diploma/GED/vocational school
- Knowledge of refrigeration, electrical and microprocessor control systems
- Understanding of single-unit and parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the fleet policy
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bend and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, detail-orientated and motivated
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated
- Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement (industry related)
- Streamlined hiring
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer