Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service establishments.
Pipefitting & equipment installation skills are the primary requirement in this posting.
The Commercial Refrigeration Master Piping Installer is responsible for the installation, test and balancing of refrigeration systems as commonly installed in supermarket, convenience stores and cold storage distribution facilities. This includes associated energy management systems and electrical, wiring and plumbing components incidental to proper installation and operation of those systems.
- Responsible for pipefittingand the installation of supermarket / convenience store / refrigerated warehouse refrigeration equipment, brazing and soldering copper for piping.
- Candidates have a minimum of four years of refrigeration trade-related experience to include installing refrigeration piping, setting display cases, condensing units, compressor racks and rooftop condensers or six years trade-related HVAC experience including installing refrigeration piping, setting condensing units, chillers, fan coil units and air handlers on commercial construction projects.
- Ideal applicants would have a thorough working knowledge of supermarket refrigeration systems, able to read and interpret refrigeration legends, construction drawings and equipment manuals.
- Follow company protocols to safely pressure test and evacuate refrigeration piping and refrigeration systems.
- Strictly follow company safety policies, procedures and cultures to promote a safe working environment.
- Ensures that quality standards maintained for assigned projects.
- Recent HVAC/R graduates of technical high schools or colleges considered.
- Proven ability to work clean in a safety-first, team environment with a focus on meeting project milestones.
- Pipefitting, knowledge in brazing and soldering over nitrogen, ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Mechanical aptitude
- High School diploma or GED required
- EPA 608 Certification preferred
- Ideal candidates have passed OSHA 30 Certification
- Ideal candidates are certified to operate construction lifts, hand signal cranes, and/or operate excavators
- Ideal candidates can operate construction levels and transits as necessary to layout and set piping systems.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required as is common on commercial construction projects.
- Incentive Plans
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement – industry related
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer