Are you ready to realize your potential? Hussmann's business is growing, and our services are in high demand. We offer real opportunities to advance your career. Competitive hourly rates based on experience. Join the Hussmann family!
Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. The customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service.
As the Refrigeration Installation Lead Technician II, you will complete installation and startup of refrigeration systems to include electrical/wiring, EMS, piping, cases, and related components commonly installed in supermarket and convenience stores. You would oversee assigned site branch installation project, report progress to Installation Supervisor/Project Manager to provide safety, quality, and efficient service while maximizing profit and maintaining customer satisfaction. You will report to the Installation Manager.
- Read and understand detailed plans and submittals as related to specific installations of refrigeration equipment and building automation systems
- Provide installation or instruct others on control wiring, power wiring and electrical components as required per the project drawings
- Understand and complete the vacuum process to achieve industries standards or customer requirements
- Provide final termination of all control wiring as necessary
- Do overhead layout and run line sets, case lineup, pipe and layout drains, demo walk-in, install new, hang, pipe, drain evaporator coils, pressurize, pull vacuums and pump down rack, add system to rack and perform oil changes, and efficiently troubleshoot supermarket refrigeration equipment
- Provide installation of controls as necessary to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation systems
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements
- Perform start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Check newly installed equipment for operation IAW engineering or factory specifications; ensures all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code
- Work directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment
- High school or 10 years' experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in commercial refrigeration in a supermarket environment
- EPA 608 Level III Certification required
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management, refrigerant leak systems and refrigeration load requirements
- Analyze plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer