- Responsible for installation, test, balance of energy management systems relating to installation of controls for refrigeration systems, HVAC-R, and lighting in grocery store and cold storage distribution formats
- Repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff. Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes regarding customer specific documentation and closeout processes
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems. Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires
- Have thorough knowledge of various energy management systems, heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems;( Novar, Danfoss, and Emerson CPC)
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests
- Think analytically and independently, install, program, and troubleshoot, maintain, modify, and repair control systems for HVAC-R, refrigeration, and lighting controls in a grocery store and cold storage atmosphere
- Use and maintenance of trade specific materials, tools, instrumentation, and equipment used during the installation of EMS systems
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Troubleshoot electrical and controls problems and offer/implement solutions
- High school or 10 years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in commercial refrigeration in a supermarket environment
- EPA 608 Certification preferred but not required.
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Strong customer focus skills.
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment. Work effectively in diverse team environment.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team with minimum supervision
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits effective first day
- Paid training with access to extensive Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement (industry related)
- Streamlined hiring
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer