Hussmann is an industry-leading company dedicated to providing quality products, superior service, advanced technology and unmatched value for every customer. Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world. Our customer base includes supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
Becoming the industry leader didn't happen by accident. It was made possible by the innovative thinking, enthusiasm and dedication of our Hussmann employees.
What we Offer
We know that our success is due to the hard work of our employees, and we reward their efforts with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Medical, Dental, and Pension Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Programs
- Ongoing Development/Training Opportunities
We are currently hiring for two (2) 2nd Year Apprentices to work in our Installation Department, primarily in grocery store and/or cold storage distribution formats. The successful incumbents will work directly with our installation team and under the direction of project forepersons in the installation division.
- Case setting, piping, insulating refrigeration lines, hangers and general clean up.
- Install, program, troubleshoot, and maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Use and maintain all trade specific materials, tools, instrumentation, and equipment pertaining to the project.
- Timely completion of assigned projects with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Follow applicable building and safety code requirements during the Installation of such equipment and controls.
- Participate in requirements under Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Act, including maintenance of log book and continuation of ongoing training and development.
The successful candidate would have:
- Successful completion of entry level (Block 1) courses, plus relevant work experience totaling minimum 2000 hours. Experience in piping would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and electrical fundamentals.
- Driver’s license appropriate to local requirements and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders and to lift objects up to 75 lbs. pounds, perform safety sensitive work, work aloft, and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and out of town as required.