You will execute the strategy and development plans for the CO2 portfolio that includes gas coolers, rack systems & condensing units. Develop and execute initiatives to deliver the long-range plan (LRP) revenue and profitability targets while addressing the needs of the market and customers. Lead the product development effort through cross functional teams utilizing Hussmann's stage gate process delivering projects on-time and under budget.
- Market Research: Develop new product opportunities by understanding product and market segmentations, and trends through research via VOC, industry reports, regulatory, and other vehicles while providing ideas for the product roadmap.
- Competitive Analysis: Understand competitor CO2 solutions and trends, monitor changes, gather pricing, and update SWOT assessments and perceptual maps while developing new ideas to incorporate into the product funnel for product development, improvements, and line extensions. Provide information to sales teams to leverage advantages findings may have.
- Customer Needs: Understanding & Product Strategy: Analyze customers' product requirements, input, and feedback and take actions to ensure current and new products continuously meet the needs not only of the customer but also the markets Hussmann serves. Develop strategies to drive product adoption through innovative product solutions and marketing to gain profitable market share. Product line strategy shall consist of near term (tactical) and long term (strategic) elements.
- New Product Innovation: Develop and maintain business cases and product requirements documents that clearly address customer and market needs through gap analysis, market research, sales, and VOC feedback. Provide cross-functional leadership within the product innovation process while working closely with the program management team to deliver product solutions that deliver not only to the annual operation plan (AOP) but also the LRP. Execute strong commercialization plans providing the tools necessary for the sales team to be successful.
- Product Management: Implement and manage product management activities that creatively apply the strengths of Hussmann's product lines, technologies, knowledge base, and brand name that lead to the development of new sales opportunities, organic growth and increased profitability while managing the product roadmap. Manage the product life cycle portfolio including line extensions, new product introductions and retirement through end-of-life strategies where needed.
- Product Marketing: Collaborate with Marketing Communications for the development of sales support materials for all products to ensure products are fully supported with literature, new product launch packages, sales tools, web page content, and product support materials. Provide sales team with continuously updated competitive value selling tools while conducting sales, channel, rep, and contractor training as needed. Engage with customers as required to support the commercialization of products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required
- MBA strongly preferred (emphasis on marketing)
- 7 years product management experience (3-5 years with MBA)
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration, HVAC, or other industrial equipment preferred but not required
- New Product Development / Stage Gate Process experience required
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to build business cases
- Strong attention to detail with documentation and communication including presentations, technical bulletins, marketing, and sales tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Must be a self-starter with ability to identify and execute upon business needs with little direction or assistance
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal, and collaboration skills working with internal and external constituents
- Travel up to 30%
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.