Staff Cloud Architect
The Staff Cloud Architect is responsible for all aspects of cloud adoption, Cloud platform services, Cloud deployment and operationalization to drive high-visibility, cross-division SAAS Products. Investigate, evaluate, test and lead technical solutions for future systems. The Cloud Architect will define and lead the SAAS application and services architecture needs for the company. The Cloud architect will partner with the platform leader to deliver cloud driven solutions that enable operational efficiency, operational excellence and improve product experience for customers. Major Responsibilities
- Participate in the overall design, development and deployment of the Next-Cloud Strategy Program at Panasonic Avionics
- Work as part of a team, made up of cloud and data Architects as well as Cloud DevOps Engineers
- Vet out and select the various technologies that will be used as part of the overall cloud vision and strategy
- Lead and/or participate in Proof of Concept exercises for the various technologies under review ensuring proper selection based on meeting predefined objectives
- Provide technical leadership for the design and implementation of the new product initiatives to be built on the Next-Cloud Platform
- Lead migration efforts for the various applications selected to move from the on-prem legacy environments to the Next-Cloud Platform
- Work with the various cross organization teams to identify applications that have been targeted for cloud migration.
- Work to gain a full understanding of the standalone application or group of applications making up a specific function.
- Ensure that all the necessary documentation is available and when needed work to create or update required documents.
- Perform a complete due diligence that includes data flows, monitoring plans, resource usage plans and response models for any/all identified potential alerts
- Knowledge of cloud concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles
- Detailed knowledge of application architectures, software, and facilities
- Successful history of building web-based application products on the cloud platforms
- Strong software development and programming skills using Java, Python or other object-oriented languages
- Solid knowledge and understanding of AWS Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Cognito, the Serverless Framework, and other AWS-related services for developing backend APIs
- Experience developing cloud-based software services and solutions in AWS Environment
- Experience with Identity Access Management (IAM) and Identity Provider (IdP) technologies and solutions (e.g. oAuth, OpenID, JWT, SAML).
- Experience with applying industry best practices to securing Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS DevOps tooling such as CodeStar , Service Application Model (SAM) and CloudFormation
- Experience with AWS client technologies such as AppSync (GraphQL) and Amplify
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, information management or other knowledge management field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 12 years of professional experience as a software engineer with exposure to the cloud technologies
- 3 years of experience with cloud and Big Data computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.