Panasonic Smart Mobility Office - Cloud Software Engineering Manager
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways. CIRRUS enables traffic operators to manage the safety and efficiency of roadways like never before by notifying them in real time about events like crashed and disabled vehicles, adverse weather events, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Cirrus V2X Video: https://na.panasonic.com/us/industries/intelligent-transportation
What You’ll Get to Do:
As an Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, creatives, and product owners to support the team, development, and technical objectives for the software that is powering the next generation of traffic management solutions. You will have the opportunity to leverage your prior technical experience to empower and grow your team, define and refine tools and processes, and optimize the value delivery to customers while we build the software that will revolutionize roadway safety and traffic management. In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers and meet regularly through 1:1’s
- Provide specific, actionable feedback to promote personal and professional growth and development
- Set the technical direction for the team in partnership with your manager
- Support your team by enabling them to do their best work
- Develop a strong sense of autonomy and ownership amongst those on your team
- Hire new engineers for your team by collaborating with recruiters, other team members, and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers on other teams to share, learn, and define best practices
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience coaching engineers on a distributed team, with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Passion for promoting good engineering practices and high quality standards
- Obsession with user experience, human-centered design, and design thinking
- Experience with agile methodology and a bias for action
We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $157,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.