Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
A member of the architecture team responsible for building and supporting architectural spikes, POC’s and other software engineering duties as assigned for delivering Cloud based solutions to our customers. Participate in the architectural implementation of architecture patterns and framework across multiple business lines and portfolio to achieve PAC product.
- Support the building of architectural patterns, POC’s and frameworks for the PAC cloud including Infrastructure and environment provisioning, deployment and tools that support, enhance and grow a true model for the Cloud platform.
- Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
- Assess application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
- Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules and serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
- Exposure with Agile development, techniques and methodologies and with CI/CD
- Demonstrable hands-on experience as an Infrastructure Engineer installing and configuring server and/or network hardware and software
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows OS and system administration
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems, their underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and io.
- Exposure to one of the following: OpenStack, Hadoop, Pivotal HD, HAWQ, RabbitMQ, Redis, Jenkins, IaaS [Compute – Linux, Storage, Palo Alto Network FW, F5 load balancers]
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- Expertise in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby.
- Expertise in Linux, Unix operating systems.
- AWS Cloud Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or 8 years of professional experience as a software engineer
- A minimum of 2 years of cloud software experience.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-DS1