Panasonic – Cloud Administrator
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Design cloud service policy:
- Design cloud service policy with business managers, engineering managers and factory representatives.
- Create cloud service policy and maintenance plan in alignment with best practices.
- Design the team organization plan and human resource plan and environments plan with other business and engineering managers.
- Design and implement cloud administration and monitoring processes
- Analyze gaps between existing implementation and the cloud service policy, maintenance plans and industry best practices.
- Create continuous improvement plans in cooperation with business managers, engineering managers and factory representatives.
Setup and maintain Microsoft Azure Government Cloud environments:
- Configure and maintain SaaS, PaaS, IaaS components in the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud.
- Setup single/multi tenancy in the Azure cloud to meet customer requirements. May also support local deployments of Azure Stack.
- Detect, prevent and mitigate information security events in the cloud.
- Troubleshoot and optimize performance and connectivity issues for hosted applications.
- Manage MS SQL backup and restore across all environments.
Policy Creation & Compliance:
- Support ongoing development and maintenance of internal (business unit level) information security policies.
- Lead internal (business unit level) IT audits and testing to ensure compliance with information security polices and best practices.
Escalated Issues from Tier#2 and Tier#3 - Technical support:
- Understanding of incident management and incident handling protocols
- Resolve customer problems that are escalated from the help desk and field service team.
- Update knowledge base through Sugar CRM
- Find common issues coming up from support team, factory and other 3RD party partners and update the team on a regular basis
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge to assure optimum product and customer support.
- Maintain detailed records and billable services reports.
Investigation and Escalation:
- Escalate all customer issues and problems with engineering and factory while providing customer timely feedback on progress of their issues and maintaining records of all escalated problems.
- Document and share newly found information or trouble shooting techniques with other hotline, engineering, technical service managers and field service teams.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, technical degree or equivalent technical training and experience including industry certifications. Preference given to those with a master’s degree and/or Azure certification.
- Subject matter expert on cloud setup, hosting and managing applications, platform and services at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Azure security technologies such as Security Center, Sentinel or related tools.
- Experience with Azure performance monitoring tools such as Resource Manager, Application Insights or similar technologies.
- Basic ability to manage, backup and secure MS SQL Databases.
- Must be able to guide the resolution of complex technical issues.
- Preference given for experience complying with government standards such as the FBI CJIS Security Policy or FEDRAMP.
- Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Military or National Security experience is preferred.
- Must have US citizenship and must be able to successfully complete a background investigation as applicable for the FBI CJIS Security Policy and other security requirements.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing and securing cloud environments in different service models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Ability to employ various IT security tools and threat protection best practices to meet compliance standards such as the FBI CJIS Security Policy.
- Excellent knowledge of network technology including as TCP/IP, UDP, MAC addresses, Active Directory, SMTP, IP packets, DNS, ACLs, routing tables, VPN, load balancing and bandwidth allocation.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.