Panasonic – Channel Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The Channel Account Manager (CAM) manages the business relationships between Panasonic and its mobility resellers to ensure the partners are supported and growth and sales goals are attained. The CAM will promote Panasonic mobility products to be a key part of the resellers’ solution offerings. CAM will be tasked with goals of growing partners’ business by working, developing and managing focused activities and programs to drive net new opportunities and will work closely with resellers’ internal teams to help facilitate daily operations, manage required reporting and other areas of business as requested.
Meet annual quota by ensuring resellers achieve growth targets; facilitate effective working relationships between Panasonic sales teams and partners’ sales staff; provide training and on-site support to partners’ sales staff to enable them to generate net new sales; attend various partner events; possess strong knowledge of current and upcoming sales opportunities that will be sold through the reseller.
Identify appropriate metrics to assess initiatives, create and communicate clear business plans including marketing programs and activities; lead quarterly business reviews to include ROI of programs to achieve revenue and growth targets; work with Channel and PSSNA management to help manage orders and sales issues and recommend solutions when needed; maintain good working relationships with key groups within PSSNA including Factory staff, Supply Chain, Operations Service, Support, Administration and Engineering to insure and facilitate good working relationship with resellers.
- Develop partner marketing plans as needed to focus on increasing awareness and sales; ensure that programs are in place and ready for deployment by agreed dates; attend account marketing meetings, planning sessions and marketing functions as needed.
- Effectively manage all administrative duties and reporting in timely manner including: annual partner business planning, monthly capturing and reporting of partner sales, quarterly business review functions (QBR), Salesforce reporting, travel and expenses, and other reporting as required.
- Manage and qualify new potential partners; review business plans and new partner applications; recruit when appropriate.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven track record of managing a portfolio of large, national channel accounts and driving sales and growth from those accounts
- Experience motivating and training resellers on hardware, software and/or services and rugged mobility devices
- Experience working with distribution partners
Education & Experience:
- Experience (3-5 years) of channel-based experience selling information technology, mobility products and solutions and services through 2-tier Distribution business model
- Must possess ability to utilize professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Must possess a solid understanding of business, financials, markets and the needs of customers
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Proven track record of relationship building, coordination and cooperation needed to achieve solid relationships within partner sales teams, marketing teams, and management
- Understanding of the value of hardware, services, integration, software and go-to-market strategies fit into the overall direction that provides a value proposition to partners; understand how our solutions fit the context of their businesses
- Experience with C-level management meetings and sales strategy meetings
- Must have the ability to use complex influences strategies tailored to individual situations to encourage desired behavior
- Must have advanced oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, partners, and senior leadership within Panasonic and reseller organizations
- Must have the ability to train and motivate and reseller sales teams and facilitate effective relationship building
- Must have the ability to develop and lead business planning and process improvement initiatives
- Must have an understanding of reseller business models, priorities, and culture, and ability to keep Panasonic well-positioned within these contexts
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Depending on candidate’s location, travel up to 80% of time to maintain on-site presence at resellers; hours of work may vary due to travel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.