Change Management Office Supervisor
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Work with PENA Leaders, plan and execute External/Internal audit.
- Work with PENA Leaders (Quality business plan, management review)
- Manage and oversee the internal audit office (Audit planning, management of progress, correction of issues pointed out)
- Work with external auditors (DNV-GL) (Coordinate scheduling, planning, and corrective measures with external auditors)
- Lead and manage the document control and quality control team members and outside consultants
- Perform and/or manage document QC activities working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy of documents/data, internal consistency, and editorial quality, including verification of data to approved source documents, for technical reports, product labeling, and regulatory submission documents.
- Collaborate with departments to facilitate document development, increase SOP/document quality and consistency across documents in specific programs and/or submissions.
- Perform document control quality reviews on controlled documents (e.g., SOPs, policies, forms) within the quality document system to verify completeness, legibility, formatting, etc.
- Maintain the document management system, including training users, activating/inactivating users, and system maintenance/optimization.
- Manage the document life cycle management process, which includes providing guidance, formatting, content, management, archival, and retrieval of documents.
- Manage document archiving according to the retention policy.
- Manage document logistics during regulatory inspections (e.g., retrieval, logging, review, notifications, and inspection staff).
- Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years managing document control and/or document QC teams
- 2 - 5 years of experience performing document QC of regulatory submission documents
- 2 - 5 years of experience configuring, administering, and user acceptance testing of electronic document systems
- Experience with electronic Document/Quality Management Systems required
- Prior experience in a leadership role
- Must have a high attention to detail, self-motivated, and eagerness to collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Familiarity with six sigma and lean manufacturing preferred
- Working knowledge on ISO9001, IATF16949 Core tool and PENA QMS
- Expert working knowledge with WORD, Excel, Adobe (including form building) and formatting documents
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with internal IT and external IT consultants/vendors to establish and maintain appropriate electronic system configurations and validation.
- Must be able to walk through out the factory extensively.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.